Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 09:38 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken2016 View Post
So just a really quick and very general observation. Is the onus almost 99.9999% of the time on the guy to make the first move- whether it is to engage in conversation, ask for a date/number or to explicitly express interest in the girl? For example, Lately I've been noticing that sometimes girls will put themselves in position to catch my attention- whether it is eye contact and a smile or they will sit next to me when there are other spaces available, etc. Anything and everything short of actually opening their mouth and speaking first. And if I don't make a move or start a conversation nothing happens (and in fact sometimes I get a bit of a glare or pained expression as if they expected something). Am I imagining things and over-estimating female intentions or can everyone else validate this social fact?

Grasshopper does not realize that a woman putting herself in a position to catch his attention, making eye contact with him, and sitting next to him when there are plenty of open seats around him are first moves.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:40 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
That's what I'm trying to tell them. I don't think I have the social prowess to be the leader of a developing relationship.
So, let's say that a woman asks you out- how do you envision things proceeding from there?

There are many different ways that relationships can be formed. I'm curious as to how you envision yours forming.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:40 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Sorry, I can't change what I'm attracted to. Why do you think a mutual relationship can't come from this.
Because if you have neither the desire nor the social skills to literally just look someone in the eye and say hello, it is very, very reasonable to assume you don't have the social skills for an actual relationship.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Because if you have neither the desire nor the social skills to literally just look someone in the eye and say hello, it is very, very reasonable to assume you don't have the social skills for an actual relationship.
Seriously (an understatement)

Old 04-07-2016, 09:43 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Grasshopper does not realize that a woman putting herself in a position to catch his attention, making eye contact with him, and sitting next to him when there are plenty of open seats around him are first moves.
Eh?

He realized his post even says this. He was questioning why nobody actually speaks if what they want is to get to know someone.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:53 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Do the vast majority of women win the lottery?
Ahh, the plot thickens. So not only are you not trying to ascertain what the problem is, but you feel that you are entitled to the solution simply because women get it. Well, I have some bad news for you...

Things are not equal.

And trust me, I'm one of the last people around here to highlight the benefits of being male, but there are some. You don't care about them because you take them for granted; the proverbial grass being greener on the other side. You don't get to reap the benefits of being male, while insisting on equality regarding the benefits of being female...that's not the way the world works. There are plenty of women that do exactly the reverse of that around here already, and consider how they sound. You're being just like that.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:56 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
But that hasn't prevented me from having friendships with guys, only girls. Why is that?

Old 04-07-2016, 12:00 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
So, let's say that a woman asks you out- how do you envision things proceeding from there?

There are many different ways that relationships can be formed. I'm curious as to how you envision yours forming.
What are some examples? I don't really understand your question.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:00 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Women always make the first move by holding eye contact a beat too long or playing with their hair or whatever it is that gives the guy the green light to approach.

Unless we're talking about walking up to complete strangers and start talking. That's pretty rare tho'.. Women usually don't do that as often as men and even most men are too chicken shiit to do it.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:02 PM

57 posts, read 38,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Women always make the first move by holding eye contact a beat too long or playing with their hair or whatever it is that gives the guy the green light to approach.

Unless we're talking about walking up to complete strangers and start talking. That's pretty rare tho'.. Women usually don't do that as often as men and even most men are too chicken shiit to do it.
Considering every man is a bumbling idiot, rapist and pervert based on modern societies view, do you really blame them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships