Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 03:13 PM

147 posts, read 93,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Now the 80/20 rule as far as dating HAS been called into question but that's not any one person's experience not being believed. That's the rule itself being bogus.

Biology proves the rule to be true.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
It's human nature to get irritated when you've said the same thing a jillion times and are literally either being ignored, or are being told you must he wrong, lying or whatever.

Many of us have had to deal with the fallout of such inaccurate, convoluted views and very much by the men v women garbage too in real life situations, and therefore feel compelled to correct them, for instance on a venue such as this one.

And yes, refusal to just grow up and continuing to run the same ridiculous gender bias tapes, including this women have it so easy tripe (how insulting!), IS a little aggravating to watch, and may not exactly bring out the best in people.

Human nature.
I understand. But if I get worked up over something on here I just log off for awhile lol.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:16 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake504 View Post
Life isn't fair.
I agree. Not to any of us. Not fair in the ways we want it to be, anyway. We typically tend to accept bonuses of various types that come our way as fair but if they go some other person's way, well that's just not fair....etc.

The reality is that nobody gets off Scott free in life; we all have stuff we have to deal with. All.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I understand. But if I get worked up over something on here I just log off for awhile lol.
Okay.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFanMTL88 View Post
Would you care to share these biological studies that prove this rule to be true?

Old 04-10-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Would you care to share these biological studies that prove this rule to be true?

Would you care to provide an actual rebuttal and not demand studies like its a college course because you don't like what's being said? You want proof? The existence of humans.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFanMTL88 View Post
In a human social context?

Marital status very obviously directly contradict this, but I'm happy to update/correct my info (this sort of thing fascinates me), so would you be able to share some links pointing to the 80/20 rule being accurate for adult relationships? I don't mean an opinion blog or anything, but real peer reviewed studies? Showing that only 20% of the adult male population is having sex?

Old 04-10-2016, 03:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
I never said anything about that rule and if I don't want to morph and approach people want you to be quiet and to not explain your experiences. I get it, this is something that won't change but thats not going to stop me from speaking my mind. Call me a whiner, not a real man or whatever, I don't care anymore.
If you want to share your experiences - that's fine. If you want to blame the entire female gender and lash out - then that's not going to go over as well.

There are things in my life that I have struggled with. Complaining about them never really accomplished anything. I'm not saying that I never complained at all - that's simply not true! I complained. However, the only way that I accomplished anything was to stop complaining, stop blaming, stop making excuses and deal with the problems in front of me head on. And this isn't to say that everything then worked out perfectly and I got exactly what I wanted. In some cases, I learned how to deal with disappointment and how to focus on other things that could bring me happiness. In other cases, I did figure out a way to succeed or to feel happy about the success that I found - even if it wasn't what I was originally seeking.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
In a human social context?

Marital status very obviously directly contradict this, but I'm happy to update/correct my info (this sort of thing fascinates me), so would you be able to share some links pointing to the 80/20 rule being accurate for adult relationships? I don't mean an opinion blog or anything, but real peer reviewed studies? Showing that only 20% of the adult male population is having sex?

You're the one claiming 20% so burden of proof is on you. Marital status has nothing to do with reproduction. Again, demanding sources when we're not in class points to you being unable to refute anything.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:34 PM

48 posts, read 38,036 times
Quote:
I hear this from guys all the time. All the time.

So then yup...

1. Wait to be approached by girls you aren't interested in.
2. Approach girls you are interested in; they'll either say yes, or they'll say no.
3. Transform yourself into the most physically and intellectually staggering specimen on earth so that women will literally throw themselves at your feet.
4. Do nothing and put your hands to good use. Hint: one is for the mouse.

Yeah, I know, it's all so cruel, perfect women should just flock to you and beg you on their knees because you're a nice person, blah, blah. We've heard all that, we've seen no results, you take advice or you stay the same and have your results stay the same.

We ALL, male or female, have to deal with "ZOMG that's not FAIRness" in life. All. Every. Single. One. Full. Stop. We lie around and weep that it all isn't fair or we do something. All of us.
Not sure what you're responding to here, but I do make the first move. And I like it that way (see my follow-up post).

However, I'm not opposed to women making a first move on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
If they chase after only the best looking men they will not get far.
Well, that's what happens.

Quote:
It has never benefited me to do the approaching and alot of men can say the same and if what you say is true maybe we should tell men like myself dating is for people better than you. It's obvious that im below average.
I don't know the answer to your problem, man, but, logically, it would only get worse if women made the majority of the approaches.

Women are a lot more willing to approach online and they tend to send the majority of their messages to the same men (I know this after personally testing the theory a while back).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
We all have our own ideas of what "best looking" is; my "handsome" might be someone else's "average".
Societal norms determine attractiveness. Sure, some aspects can be subjective, but most are not.

There is such a thing as universal attractiveness and it's very real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships