Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 06:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,672,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
LOL its not that kind of bar. He is at a fancy tapas and wine bar (texted me). He isn't really a ladies man and I am pretty sure he has never been in a physical fight. At least not since middle school. Cut off the drinks...well that is what worries me most but he promised 2 tops.
Pish.....then......hahaha...no worries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 07:02 PM

51,847 posts, read 52,255,090 times
Quote:
LOL its not that kind of bar. He is at a fancy tapas and wine bar (texted me). He isn't really a ladies man and I am pretty sure he has never been in a physical fight. At least not since middle school. Cut off the drinks...well that is what worries me most but he promised 2 tops.
I wasn't a huge ladies man when I was single, but now that I've been in a LTR forever when I am around single women that don't know me I make it a point during small talk to say "we" and "us" a lot, it's just a polite subtle way of letting a woman know and to try and limit flirting and such.

I likes me my booze and when I'm out and about I definitely limit the amount I drink just to be sure not to get a DUI.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:49 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,812,819 times
HAHAHA My husband came home. Apparently people brought their spouses and children (toddler aged).

Old 02-26-2016, 09:39 PM

133 posts, read 134,691 times
Quote:
Nope, I havent. Ive only been self employed as an adult. I was misinformed. I envisioned single people who worked together going out together after work...cause what else do they have to do?
Your thinking . You should try to socialize with your friends for a happy hour if you have some. If not join your husband if the kids can stay home by themselves. Single people may not have kids or marriage but, they do have responsibilities or obligations.
You seem to have trust issues along with being insecure. I don't mean to be rude.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileallday8 View Post
Your thinking . You should try to socialize with your friends for a happy hour if you have some. If not join your husband if the kids can stay home by themselves. Single people may not have kids or marriage but, they do have responsibilities or obligations.
You seem to have trust issues along with being insecure. I don't mean to be rude.
I don't think you can psychoanalyze me from the minimal amount of info I gave. Nice try though.

I didn't mean to be dismissive about single people. But when I was single, I could go anywhere pretty much any time. Now I have kids and a husband and I hurry home to socialize with them. Its different, very different. Being single is awesome, though. Don't complain.

If you have some friends comment...pretty low. Actually, we moved not too long ago and I don't have any good local friends. Ive been invited to a bunch of stuff, but just haven't felt like it. I am mourning the loss of my close friends in my last home. But, hey, thanks for the bitter jab.

Old 02-27-2016, 12:47 AM

133 posts, read 134,691 times
Quote:
Tonight my husband is planning to go to happy hour with a group from work. I told him I was uncomfortable with it. I am, even if I don't feel like he is going to cheat on me. It just feels wrong. To me its something single people do...who don't have a wife and kids to get home to. He said I was wrong, most of his department is married. I do know the woman organizing it is single.

What do you all think? Is it a singles type activity?

P.S. Before I get jumped on, he does several evening events with peers and friends. I don't mind. Something about this one feels different.
That was plenty of info to analyze. You continue to say .... "but this feels"... "it feel"s... I "don't feel"....

You try to convince us no infidelity, trust or not being insecure would erase that thought. The whole point of the thread is your gut feeling something fishy is going on. You seem smart enough to know what happy hours entail as you participated in them before. I don't feel you really thought it was just a singles thing, but wanted reassurance for something you have left out. You pointed out there was one single woman's presence is a threat to you. Something tells me you have either experienced being cheated on or your husband is vulnerable to cheating on you due to past behavior. I hope not since you are dealing with loss.

I picked up quickly that you probably lacked friends due to word choice. Working from home also limits social pool. Very easy to pick out, then again I am paid to assess peoples words and behavior.

Death can be perceived like abandonment in America. Chinese we see death in a different way. Good time for you to make friends. Your kids friends mom maybe. Check out meet up website or do some Tai Chi.

I try to be sensitive to Americans...I am Chinese. In America you crack fortune cookie gently.

Last edited by smileallday8; 02-27-2016 at 01:03 AM..

Old 02-27-2016, 02:05 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,123,762 times
I'm married and used to go to happy hour with my crew every Friday. That all changed when my twins were born, however. I wanted/needed to get home and help my wife out with the babies (not to mention wanting to see their little faces) so happy hour became a thing of the past.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:54 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,596,252 times
Quote:
Tonight my husband is planning to go to happy hour with a group from work. I told him I was uncomfortable with it. I am, even if I don't feel like he is going to cheat on me. It just feels wrong. To me its something single people do...who don't have a wife and kids to get home to. He said I was wrong, most of his department is married. I do know the woman organizing it is single.

What do you all think? Is it a singles type activity?

P.S. Before I get jumped on, he does several evening events with peers and friends. I don't mind. Something about this one feels different.
No it's a cheap beer thing. I wouldn't assume the man is looking to cheat because he's going to get cheap drinks with coworkers for an hour or so after work.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:59 AM

706 posts, read 1,201,153 times
Happy hour = reduced drink prices. Yay!
That's all and that's when a lot of married people go due to timing issues and cost. They're usually late afternoon and early evening hours so one can unwind a bit and still be home for dinner.
I haven't heard of it ever being a singles thing.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileallday8 View Post
That was plenty of info to analyze. You continue to say .... "but this feels"... "it feel"s... I "don't feel"....

You try to convince us no infidelity, trust or not being insecure would erase that thought. The whole point of the thread is your gut feeling something fishy is going on. You seem smart enough to know what happy hours entail as you participated in them before. I don't feel you really thought it was just a singles thing, but wanted reassurance for something you have left out. You pointed out there was one single woman's presence is a threat to you. Something tells me you have either experienced being cheated on or your husband is vulnerable to cheating on you due to past behavior. I hope not since you are dealing with loss.

I picked up quickly that you probably lacked friends due to word choice. Working from home also limits social pool. Very easy to pick out, then again I am paid to assess peoples words and behavior.

Death can be perceived like abandonment in America. Chinese we see death in a different way. Good time for you to make friends. Your kids friends mom maybe. Check out meet up website or do some Tai Chi.

I try to be sensitive to Americans...I am Chinese. In America you crack fortune cookie gently.
I think you are projecting. I have never been cheated on and don't suspect my husband has been or is likely to cheat on me. I had a weird view of happy hour...maybe from commercials on TV? I don't know. So I asked. Simple. Turns out this one is particularly family friendly. Its all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships