Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 08:16 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times

Advertisements

That was just long enough for me to finish my cereal without it getting soggy.
OP: Fix your *great* marriage or be prepared to pay child support for a very long time.
Cut off contact with the other woman and think about your children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 08:17 PM

524 posts, read 521,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingntyler View Post
This is straight up The Notebook kind of love. (remember the girl cheats on her man to go back to Noah). nobody talks about the affair in that movie and all women still love it.
So, you think cheating on your wife with a married woman is the type of love you see in the movies? You think it's "love" because she's the best sex you've ever had? You think sex is love?

You think you're in love because you can't stop thinking about her? Sounds like textbook infatuation/addiction to me.

The DIfference Between Love and Infatuation

Old 02-26-2016, 08:51 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,342,412 times
I've never seen the Notebook. I honestly don't enjoy watching a "love story" that involves adultery.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:33 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
By this age, you should know the difference between infatuation and genuine love. You made promises to your wife when you got married. I'd suggest you keep them. Besides that, your children would be devastated. At some point in life, if you become a mature adult, you learn that its not all about you. You need to consider other people's lives, especially your present wife and children.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:47 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,601,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Keep it up with this other woman. BUT Here's what you can expect in the wake of your little affair:

Divorce- this is where you lose everything- your wife, your house, half your income and possessions, possibly your job, your kids- EVERYTHING. You will LOSE IT ALL.

Exposure- this is where everyone finds out what a scumbag you are. And they WILL find out. Your boss, your co-workers, your friends, your family, HER family, your neighbors, the parents of your kids' friends, everyone at your church (if you go). They WILL find out. Why? Because your now ex-wife will tell them. She will probably tell everyone she knows, and everyone you know, and she will feel good doing it. Consider yourself lucky if she doesn't rent a billboard. Otherwise, all bets are off. Be prepared.

Your Kids- this is where you totally lose the respect of your kids, and you deserve to lose it. They will realize in pretty short order that you didn't care enough about them to keep your damn pants on. They will see their mother cry and they will hate you for it. They will end up shuttling back and forth between their home and your apartment, and they will hate you for it. Every time they have to tell someone that their parents are divorced, they will hate you for it. And God forbid you decide to introduce this other woman as step-mom, they will REALLY hate you for that. If your kids are really young, you have a little time before all this fit hits the shan, but be warned, it's coming. They will forever see you as the moron who broke up their family. They will know that you can't be trusted, that you are weak and immoral and selfish. And they'll figure it out all by themselves, even if you never talk to them about it. Because your kids are smarter than you are.

Start with the rationalizations and justifications now, you're going to need a lot of them. Remember that the best defense is a good offense and start a mental list of all the ways your wife is deficient. Make sure to re-write the history of your marriage so that you can say that you were miserable from the first day. Be sure to tell your wife that you love her, you're just not "in love" with her anymore. Deal with your guilt by lashing out at everyone around you. Above all, take no responsibility for any problems YOU may have that caused you to be such a spineless worm in the first place.

Congratulations, you've joined the Adulterers Club. See you in hell.
Great post.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:22 PM

346 posts, read 730,585 times
Maybe this guy should run off with his trashy mistress, only because it sounds like his wife and mistresses husband, are too good for these two.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted); off-topic.

OP, drop the star-crossed lover shtick and own up to the reality that innocent people are going to be harmed, here, and it's your selfish behavior that's going to hurt them. Are you comfortable with that?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-11-2016 at 08:41 AM..

Old 02-27-2016, 08:42 AM

8 posts, read 7,303 times
I appreciate the comments, I really do. I don't disagree with the scumbag comments either. While it feels right to the both of us I no it's wrong in the eyes of the majority and especially in the eyes of our spouses. I just never thought I'd be in this position. My whole life I've been told I'm a handsome guy, I've been hit on by women many times over the years. Even some of my wife's friends have made passes at me. I've never in any of those instances considered cheating on my wife. I've never lusted over another woman besides the one we are talking about now. No one has ever compared to my wife in my eyes. Now that this girl is close and we are interacting she has become my kryptonite. It really does help getting it out that, even if it's to a bunch of strangers the opinions are real. I know now that we do have to end it and maybe our hearts and minds are tricking us into believing we can be better off together when in reality as it has been said so many things will fall apart around us down the road. My plan now is to put and end to it, beg for God's forgiveness and choose my wife. We really do have a great marriage. thanks for all the advice.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:03 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
And ... Minimize contact with your friend's wife.

Why is it so important for you to keep telling us how awesome you are?

Old 02-27-2016, 09:16 AM

8 posts, read 7,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
And ... Minimize contact with your friend's wife.

Why is it so important for you to keep telling us how awesome you are?
I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was just trying to paint a picture of my personality and that I've been in situations where I've made the right decisions and this girl has me making the wrong ones. I apologize it was not my intent. I'm obviously not that awesome...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships