Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 12:53 PM

23 posts, read 11,213 times

Advertisements

I gues if me and her are having sex the friend zone isn't happening . whew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 01:13 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datingsucks View Post
You know the old saying "nice guys finish last" but is it always true

If a girl says you are a nice guy, does that mean you are done for and you are in the friend-zone

Well last night a girl I have been sleeping with said you're such a nice guy

I just sat and thought oh shoot but wait, nice guys shouldn't be getting laid right?

So is it really that bad to be called a nice guy?
When issued by women to potential dates, being called a 'nice guy' is not a compliment. It's a way of gently letting down a guy she is not interested in dating. It doesn't mean they seek mean guys but, unless the guy has been rude to her, there's little reason for her to be disrespectful to the guy so refers to him as 'nice' even when expressing her lack of desire in dating him. It's not that complicated.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:26 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times
Quote:
I gues if me and her are having sex the friend zone isn't happening . whew
You're overthinking things mate! If someone says you're nice in response to an act of kindness, then that's all they mean.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:31 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Once the words "nice guy" come out of a woman's mouth towards you, forget about getting laid.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:39 PM

23 posts, read 11,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Once the words "nice guy" come out of a woman's mouth towards you, forget about getting laid.

did you not read my post? ive been sleeping with her

Old 02-27-2016, 02:46 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
The phrase nice guy is more of a concern when it's a guy going around telling women that he is. Women can determine for themselves if a guy is nice. If he's telling her he is, odds are that he actually isn't.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:09 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
You know the old saying "nice guys finish last" but is it always true

If a girl says you are a nice guy, does that mean you are done for and you are in the friend-zone

Well last night a girl I have been sleeping with said you're such a nice guy

I just sat and thought oh shoot but wait, nice guys shouldn't be getting laid right?

So is it really that bad to be called a nice guy?
Oh, good grief. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. She meant you're a great guy, and you treat her (and I assume, other people in general) right.

Don't over-worry. And don't go starting "nice guy" wars on C-D, lol.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:34 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
I've always hated this topic. There is nothing bad about being a nice guy. I've been told many times that I'm a nice guy. It has never prevented me in any way. I'm talking about the genuinely nice ones AND the women who actually say it and mean it.

Why would anyone intend on dating a guy who isn't nice?

And when a woman tells you that your a "nice guy".... how about just assume that is exactly what they mean?

Old 02-27-2016, 03:41 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
This nice guy thing has been discussed ad nauseam in the past. Someone, I forget who, really did a bang up job explaining what a nice guy is versus the negative stereotypes of a "nice guy" A nice guy basically is a gentlemen. He's not some push over wimp type.

So no, it's not a death sentence at all.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:50 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Wanting a nice guy is actually a prerequisite for a good woman who can have a healthy, intimate relationship.

This is actually one of the things that differentiates this kind of woman from a high-maintenance, pain-in-the-@ss chick. If you want to avoid drama and chaos in your life as a guy, stay away from women who aren't attracted to nice guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships