Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 04:54 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,875,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
It depends.

There's the "nice guys" and then there's the "bad boys". Women mostly are attracted to the "bad boys", as they're rougher around the edges. The "nice guys" are friend zoned and become male "girlfriend". In other words, no sex.
Women with emotional and intimacy problems are attracted to bad boys. "Nice guys" who get FZ'ed by these women also have emotional and intimacy issues.

Nice guys who are straight in the head avoid these types of women and, instead, go for women who are attracted to guys who treat them well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 04:57 PM

146 posts, read 91,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Wanting a nice guy is actually a prerequisite for a good woman who can have a healthy, intimate relationship.

This is actually one of the things that differentiates this kind of woman from a high-maintenance, pain-in-the-@ss chick. If you want to avoid drama and chaos in your life as a guy, stay away from women who aren't attracted to nice guys.
Women who aren't attracted to "nice guys" aren't articulating properly. What they mean is they aren't attracted to:

1. Guys who act nice and show support hoping to get laid. Fake nice guys really
2. Push overs
3. Kissasses
4. Guys who put them on a pedestal

You can be a gentleman to the women you date and never once get labeled "nice guy."

Old 02-27-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datingsucks View Post
You know the old saying "nice guys finish last" but is it always true

If a girl says you are a nice guy, does that mean you are done for and you are in the friend-zone

Well last night a girl I have been sleeping with said you're such a nice guy

I just sat and thought oh shoot but wait, nice guys shouldn't be getting laid right?

So is it really that bad to be called a nice guy?
It sounds like you've been listening to the clueless guys.

Assuming she is not a giant pain-in-the-azz, more than likely, this means she is really into you, so this would be a good thing in many ways. Women who like guys who treat them well are emotionally healthy.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
did you not read my post? ive been sleeping with her
Exactly...

Case in point...

You know those clueless guys. Well....

They have no experience in healthy relationships so...

You don't really want to pay attention to them.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detguest View Post
Women who aren't attracted to "nice guys" aren't articulating properly. What they mean is they aren't attracted to:

2. Push overs
3. Kissasses

You can be a gentleman to the women you date and never once get labeled "nice guy."
None of the above describes a nice guy.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Thank you for reiterating my position.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Women with emotional and intimacy problems are attracted to bad boys. "Nice guys" who get FZ'ed by these women also have emotional and intimacy issues.

Nice guys who are straight in the head avoid these types of women and, instead, go for women who are attracted to guys who treat them well.
At the end of the day, the term "nice guy" can have different meanings. I'll get into that in a moment. But to further address your point....

Yes, women who outright say they are only attracted to bad boys have issues. But I honestly don't know many in real life who have ever uttered that statement. I think what you're really referring to is women who say they "aren't attracted to nice guys."

My previous point....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detguest View Post

2. Push overs
3. Kissasses

To which I think you condescendingly remarked to, without realizing you agreed and restated my position.

Quote:
....Was meant to show that when most women say that, they aren't actually referring to a man people would consider "nice," or a "gentlemen." What they are referring to is unattractive traits that happen to be labeled as "nice guy" traits.

However, a woman can call you a nice guy, and genuinely mean it. This is where the confusion comes from. The term is used interchangeably for good traits, and unattractive traits.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
You know the old saying "nice guys finish last" but is it always true

If a girl says you are a nice guy, does that mean you are done for and you are in the friend-zone

Well last night a girl I have been sleeping with said you're such a nice guy

I just sat and thought oh shoot but wait, nice guys shouldn't be getting laid right?

So is it really that bad to be called a nice guy?
To address the OP:

If you're sleeping with her and she calls you a nice guy, without following it up with why she thinks you should just be friends, then she probably feels that you really are a good person. It seems you're fine.

However, if she DID follow it up with why you should just be friends or whatever, then the "nice guy" line was cover for a number of things she isn't attracted to in you.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:28 PM

3,422 posts, read 3,311,587 times
Quote:
I gues if me and her are having sex the friend zone isn't happening . whew
You are friends - with benefits.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:36 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,042,071 times
So in high school, I was standing in front of the theater (where we perform high school plays). This girl named S, who was considered one of the most attractive and had been with the quarterback at one point, was talking to one of her friends. They were standing on one side of one of the columns in front of the theater, and I was standing on the other. I don't think they knew I was there. They were talking about who S should date next. Her friend said, "what about [neutrino78x]?". And S replied, "well, he's nice, but..." and I never heard the stipulation.

But it made me think of her for a while. She never said anything to me about it. But I was having romantic feelings for M at the time, so I basically went back to M. I never really knew S anyway. She knew A back in junior high, which, I think, is how she knew about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships