Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 09:46 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Its not that hard. Its just conditioning. One of my friends has trained hers to stay on the first floor.
My brother-in-law trained my sister and his two cats well, with a squirt bottle of water. Every time the cats would jump up where they weren't supposed to, they got squirted. They learned pretty fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 09:48 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
My bed has been through quite a few break ups. I don't think wanting to replace it has much to do with breakups, as maybe I just want new for me. Kind of saying this is my happy space and men are not invited to enter.
Sure sounds like things are going very well with current guy either.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:49 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
How many cats are we talking here? And how many pets total in the household?

As far as the ex, the fact that you are still in this type of communication with him suggest total lack of boundaries. Most guys with any sense who have their lives together will bolt at the first sign of something like this.
I have 3 cats and one dog. But we live on acreage.

We have been friends since we were 8. We grew up together and live in the same town. I find it to be easier to be friendly than not. Especially when I love his kids and family.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Sure sounds like things are going very well with current guy either.
He lives at his house. I live at mine.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
If you're going to throw anything away, just toss his personal effects that he left at your place and doesn't come back to claim after "x" amount of time.
I usually keep that stuff. I have a tool collection that would make a mechanic drool...

Old 02-29-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I have 3 cats and one dog. But we live on acreage.

We have been friends since we were 8. We grew up together and live in the same town. I find it to be easier to be friendly than not. Especially when I love his kids and family.
A guy who is still getting trying to back with you even though you are currently in a relationship with someone. Total and absolute lack of boundaries on both of your parts. No way would a guy with his head together get involved with someone with such lackof boundaries.

If the current guy does have his stuff together (which I kind of doubt), this would be one good reason for him not to get very committed to you and want to keep separate households for good.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
A guy who is still getting trying to back with you even though you are currently in a relationship with someone. Total and absolute lack of boundaries on both of your parts. No way would a guy with his head together get involved with someone with such lackof boundaries.

If the current guy does have his stuff together (which I kind of doubt), this would be one good reason for him not to get very committed to you and want to keep separate households for good.
Trying does not mean I would be dumb enough to take him back. He is out. At this point I find the attempts hilarious. The guy does not want me. He just wants someone different. It's not going to be me. He an keep waiting for the next victim.

I don't think current bf ever wants a total commitment. We talked about it last week. His kids want to stay at his house. He can't always leave them to come to my house. I said I might sell my house and he didn't like that Idea at all. I don't know why but he wants me to stay right where I am and not move again.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Trying does not mean I would be dumb enough to take him back. He is out. At this point I find the attempts hilarious. The guy does not want me. He just wants someone different. It's not going to be me. He an keep waiting for the next victim.

I don't think current bf ever wants a total commitment. We talked about it last week. His kids want to stay at his house. He can't always leave them to come to my house. I said I might sell my house and he didn't like that Idea at all. I don't know why but he wants me to stay right where I am and not move again.

You allow the ex to stay in contact with you. That is bad decision-making. Bad decisions are why you have trouble in your life, not bad luck.

Same with staying with the current guy who can't give you what you want. More bad decision-making. Not more bad luck.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:40 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,874 times
after the last breakup, I've replaced the beer I buy.

We had a thing where we would often buy craft beers and have tasting parties. When I see a new to me one crop up I avoid it - whereas before I get excited about surprising him with a new one to try.

I saw it as our thing and don't want to do it with another.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
You allow the ex to stay in contact with you. That is bad decision-making. Bad decisions are why you have trouble in your life, not bad luck.

Same with staying with the current guy who can't give you what you want. More bad decision-making. Not more bad luck.
Most of my exes stay in contact. You miss the point that we all live in the same town. My children go to school with my exes children, cousins, nieces and nephews. I was at a birthday party with my exes cousin yesterday. How does it help anyone to be nasty to one another? That is not who I am. I am cordial to everyone.

I was in my ex husbands parents house Saturday night. Do you think that would be acceptable if my exhusband and I were enemies?

My daughter goes to my boyfriends, ex wife's house often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships