Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 05:35 AM

914 posts, read 732,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Yes there are chicks out there who like bald dudes, but in my opinion going bald (I'm talking shaving head here) is lazy, like a chick cutting her hair short. If a man puts great effort into getting good haircuts, this should sit better than any random head shave. Baseball caps are your best friend if your hairline troops are slowly retreating.
You think shaving is lazy? The guy I dated had to shave a few times a week and it took a while... And you think using a baseball cap for cover up is less lazy?

As for women with short hair being lazy... I've got pretty long hair. The women I know with short hair cuts take way longer to style their hair than I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 11:44 AM

6,870 posts, read 7,811,823 times
Honestly? It is more likely to be your height than your hair. Not my personal opinion, but my observation of what I see other women going for.

Many men rock the buzz cut or full shave very well. I've never thought that hair loss was a deterrent. My mom teased my dad incessantly for his hair loss. She's a mean person. My ex started losing his hair in his early 20s. He had a hair transplant. Now he can't shave his head because he has a gnarly scar on the back of it. I NEVER cared about his hair loss but failed to convey to him how handsome I thought he was. He still is. But he is very very very insecure about the hair. thing. PS, he is 6'1".

Work with what the good lord gave you!! The right woman for you won't mind your height or hair loss.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:12 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,159,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Yes there are chicks out there who like bald dudes, but in my opinion going bald (I'm talking shaving head here) is lazy, like a chick cutting her hair short. If a man puts great effort into getting good haircuts, this should sit better than any random head shave. Baseball caps are your best friend if your hairline troops are slowly retreating.
Wow - can't believe some people actually believe this is a good idea. Wearing a baseball cap to hide your bald spot?! That looks ridiculous. So, you're going to wear a baseball cap wherever you go - even at work, formal events, etc.?!

I'm a 40-ish guy who's been bald for years, and do shave my remaining hair off completely. If I grew my hair out - even a little - it wouldn't look nearly as good as it does completely shaved. Many women think I look good - and I'm only interested in their opinions re: my appearance - no on else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
My ex started losing his hair in his early 20s. He had a hair transplant. Now he can't shave his head because he has a gnarly scar on the back of it.
Sorry to hear that your ex had a hair transplant - that's the worst thing that a guy who's losing his hair can do. No transplant I've seen looks natural, and, as you mentioned, it will leave scars. So, if you decide to shave your head later, you can't effectively do so because of the scarring - which typically looks unsightly.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 03-04-2016 at 01:23 AM..

Old 03-04-2016, 05:55 AM

854 posts, read 581,915 times
Well my bf started losing his hair around the same time you did, and that's when we started dating. I imagine that in another ten years he'll be a big ol' baldy. I don't mind!

I guess it comes down to the individual woman's preferences, and your individual connection with her. But in general I would recommend that both men and women try and snag someone while you're still conventionally attractive lol.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:58 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,430,569 times
Hasn't been a disadvantage for me at all, but I also go to the gym four to five times a week and am in great physical shape. As some have mentioned, I think this makes a big difference.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:10 AM

41,940 posts, read 36,703,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Wow - can't believe some people actually believe this is a good idea. Wearing a baseball cap to hide your bald spot?! That looks ridiculous. So, you're going to wear a baseball cap wherever you go - even at work, formal events, etc.?!

I'm a 40-ish guy who's been bald for years, and do shave my remaining hair off completely. If I grew my hair out - even a little - it wouldn't look nearly as good as it does completely shaved. Many women think I look good - and I'm only interested in their opinions re: my appearance - no on else's.

Fully agree. Shaving it clean, for the scene, since 24. No regrets.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:26 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,187,292 times
Does it really matter how much or how little your odds go down with the "hot" ladies you want? It is what it is, unless you plan to use the answers here to decide on whether to get hair plugs or some other expensive treatment for baldness.

Attitude is everything - if you're bitter and insecure you'll do badly - if you're positive and ignore whatever negative effect you think baldness has, you'll do better!

Old 03-04-2016, 02:59 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,082,359 times
shave off all your hair then see if you like the look. if not, id consider a hair transplant. I read so many posts of people against it but to me its a much better alternative than being bald. at the same time, hair transplants are harder for others but for me, I'm receding from the front some. once its a lot of the hair is gone, that's my route.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:58 PM

2,589 posts, read 2,278,382 times
Off Topic: How much does a hair transplant cost?

Old 03-04-2016, 09:59 PM

2,589 posts, read 2,278,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
if not, id consider a hair transplant. I read so many posts of people against it but to me its a much better alternative than being bald.
It's not as good as regular hair, is it? I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships