Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 01:23 PM

2 posts, read 1,343 times

Advertisements

Kinda glad I found this website to talk to, not sure what to do in my situation.
I have been dating my boyfriend for about 4 1/2 years now. At first it was great! We would go out to nice parties, have a great love life, went to many places together, etc. I do make more money then him so I always felt it was nicer to pitch in on things more, as he was using his money for our rent and building his own business. Well that was almost 3 years ago since that all changed. He still uses his money to buy things for his business, which to this day he just spends money and hasn't made a thing to show for it except the thrill of getting new things. I still make more then him, and pay for the rent, food, basically everything and feel like his mother. He is now in school for a 2 year program to further his education, but he never does his homework. I was gone for 2 1/2 weeks for a work trip and asked him to do one thing. Get up to date on your school work. Well I just got back this past week and he hasn't done anything. On top of that, our house is always a mess. I always feel like I'm cleansing after him, and half way that I'm cleaning he always says something and we get into a fight. The only thing I really want from him is to get a job, whether it be working for yourself or someone else, even though he is in school full time. Ugh. What do I do? We fight all the time over stupid stuff, I do love him but this needs to change that I basically pay for the roof over his head, which isn't cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 01:31 PM

8,920 posts, read 7,692,289 times
You need to talk to him.

Not much we can say to help you.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:01 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,761,388 times
Why are you still with him??

Old 02-28-2016, 02:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,398,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why are you still with him??
That would be my question as well. Clearly over the course of the last three years he's settled into a ne'er-do-well routine of being kept he's all too comfortable with.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 02-28-2016 at 02:28 PM..

Old 02-28-2016, 02:41 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,623,830 times
I guess if you want to live the rest of your life being his mother, housekeeper, etc. there is not much that can be said, right?

If you want change, make it happen! Don't wait too late!

Old 02-28-2016, 02:43 PM

1,038 posts, read 899,916 times
OP things don't need to change; its actually YOU who needs to change.

Stop supporting him.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:21 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,914,439 times
4 1/2 years?!?

This is kinda your fault. You let him do all this.

Stop babying him and then lay the ground work for his eviction.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:07 PM

11,380 posts, read 24,388,060 times
That's stupid. You pay the rent. Kick him out. It won't be hard to find a better boyfriend than he is.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:30 AM

602 posts, read 570,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousGirlxoxo View Post
Kinda glad I found this website to talk to, not sure what to do in my situation.
I have been dating my boyfriend for about 4 1/2 years now. At first it was great! We would go out to nice parties, have a great love life, went to many places together, etc. I do make more money then him so I always felt it was nicer to pitch in on things more, as he was using his money for our rent and building his own business. Well that was almost 3 years ago since that all changed. He still uses his money to buy things for his business, which to this day he just spends money and hasn't made a thing to show for it except the thrill of getting new things. I still make more then him, and pay for the rent, food, basically everything and feel like his mother. He is now in school for a 2 year program to further his education, but he never does his homework. I was gone for 2 1/2 weeks for a work trip and asked him to do one thing. Get up to date on your school work. Well I just got back this past week and he hasn't done anything. On top of that, our house is always a mess. I always feel like I'm cleansing after him, and half way that I'm cleaning he always says something and we get into a fight. The only thing I really want from him is to get a job, whether it be working for yourself or someone else, even though he is in school full time. Ugh. What do I do? We fight all the time over stupid stuff, I do love him but this needs to change that I basically pay for the roof over his head, which isn't cheap.
You need to break up with this kid and find a man. You know, someone who has actually grown up, gotten a job, and established himself in life. He sounds like he is 14 and still in high school.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:23 AM

888 posts, read 553,691 times
You are more like his mother than his partner in life. I would stay, there aren't kids involved, and it won't change. I mean seriously, only a mother would ask someone to make sure to do homework, not a girlfriend!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships