Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 09:30 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times

Advertisements

Self confidence and being able to approach and talk to random women tend not to be the strong suits of mid 20's and older guys who have never been on a single date.

So whether a cold approach on 100 women may generate one or more dates for some guys, I am not sure it is going to work for individuals like the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 09:33 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
To what end? Why would anyone want to ask someone out they even haven't talked to? You know nothing about them, you have no idea if there is anything in common, or if there is any connection at all. It's a waste of time.
What kind of woman is going to have so few options and be so desperate and have so little going on in her life that she is going to say yes to random guys just coming up to her and propositioning her to go out?

Answer: the same kind of woman as a guy who would go up and randomly proposition women. So, basically, in the rare 1% chance that she says yes, I guess they are right for each other

Old 02-29-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I haven't come across anyone that interests me, it's rare when I do. With the last few guys I liked, I could've had a boyfriend in high school, but the circumstances weren't in our favor. It is also due to the fact that I don't really go anywhere to meet people often.

Overall, I'm pretty content with my life and I'm taking it at my own pace. I have a, "If I meet someone, cool. If not, that's cool too." type attitude about it. I don't believe it's anything to think too deeply about, and certainly not to the point of being upset about it.
You have a great attitude You should give attitude lessons to the bitter guys who are complaining all the time.

The only thing I would wonder is if you are somehow using your lack of interest and opportunity as a way to shield yourself from being vulnerable and opening yourself up to relationships.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:49 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Self confidence and being able to approach and talk to random women tend not to be the strong suits of mid 20's and older guys who have never been on a single date.

So whether a cold approach on 100 women may generate one or more dates for some guys, I am not sure it is going to work for individuals like the OP.
I disagree. Maybe a normal guy gets 15 dates out of it and someone lacking self confidence gets 5, but it will still work.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:50 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You have a great attitude You should give attitude lessons to the bitter guys who are complaining all the time.

The only thing I would wonder is if you are somehow using your lack of interest and opportunity as a way to shield yourself from being vulnerable and opening yourself up to relationships.
IS this thread about her? Is she suppose to be in a relationship?

Old 02-29-2016, 09:51 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:

The trick is to quit comparing yourself to others and learning every one has there own lives to live. But unfortunately I cannot teach those who don't want to learn.

As for the bold. I'm not sure. If I am, I'm totally unaware of it. Haha.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:53 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,787 times
Quote:
What kind of woman is going to have so few options and be so desperate and have so little going on in her life that she is going to say yes to random guys just coming up to her and propositioning her to go out?

Answer: the same kind of woman as a guy who would go up and randomly proposition women. So, basically, in the rare 1% chance that she says yes, I guess they are right for each other
Dating is about getting to k ow someone that is interesting or attractive to the person going out on a date. There is nothing desperate about a being interested in it attracted to someone you have just met.

Putting on a clean shirt, a smile, a good attitude , and asking the question is often enough to generate interest and/or attraction.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:55 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I disagree. Maybe a normal guy gets 15 dates out of it and someone lacking self confidence gets 5, but it will still work.
My point wasn't that they would have a lower success rate, but that they won't approach these women to give it an attempt.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
IS this thread about her? Is she suppose to be in a relationship?
She is a good example of someone in this predicament who has a good attitude. Her attitude is a good example of someone who is ultimately probably going to be pretty successful in the realm of relationships.

So, while this thread is not about her specifically, her situation is very relevant to the thread.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:58 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Lol you guys are stupid. So it is wrong to be friends with soneone for a while and get to know them, yet it is also wrong to go out with a stranger? Lol that is not what you guys were saying before. There are many threads were people say they don't know the person enough to have sex,yet you guys are saying that approaching a stranger won't work.

No, i don't think that's true. Based on reading this board, I think there is an excellent chance of it working.

I personally would not do that because I would not have romantic feelings for the person. Even if I did, I would want to get to know them in a platonic context first to establish friendship and trust.

But for the backwards dating that most people on here advocate,this approach should be exactly cirrect.

And it is also mathematically and logically correct that with a high enough volume, even a 1% success rate will yield many dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships