Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 05:56 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,018,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
If someone admits to being both needy and narcissistic then you're supposed to run as fast as possible in the opposite direction. It's not rocket science when they tell you flat out who/what they are.
Yeah that part I was good with...

It's the part that I am too independent that I am struggling with... What type of guy likes "too independent", but still wants a partner and attention more than 1-2 times a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 05:57 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Agreed! That is not what I am asking!!!!!

He was also on probation and can't own firearms... Dating him was not on my radar at anytime on the conversation. He takes longer to get ready than I do...
Omg....

Old 03-02-2016, 06:00 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,761,388 times
Quote:
No I was good with all that. He had definitely said he has lots of flaws. It was just interesting hanging out with, sharing some beers and talking to a type of guy that I have never been around.
You had "some beers" with a professional who came to your house for an estimate??????????????????

Old 03-02-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Omg....
Does not come as a shock to me... I am not joking when I say that I can walk in a bar of 100 people, and the one that walks up to me is either bipolar, homeless or has a criminal record 5 pages thick..

Old 03-02-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Yeah that part I was good with...

It's the part that I am too independent that I am struggling with... What type of guy likes "too independent", but still wants a partner and attention more than 1-2 times a week.
A full-grown, emotionally mature adult man.

There is no store that has this "type" of man you are trying to describe. It's not like something you can order. You still will have to go through the trial and error process, only hopefully learning from the errors.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You had "some beers" with a professional who came to your house for an estimate??????????????????
Well I always ask if I can offer a guest a drink. He just happened to say I will take what you are having. Are you not polite?

Old 03-02-2016, 06:05 AM

11,380 posts, read 24,388,060 times
Quote:
I have not. But I don't think it's going to work out because boyfriend does not want to spend time together and do things. He is content living four miles away and having his own life.

I slid it into the conversation that I had a boyfriend. Heck even my ex boyfriend ( he use to live with me in the house) called to remind me to add an item to the estimate that needed to be done.

You are missing the point that we were chit chatting, talking about dating in this area, things that have not worked for us, etc. I am very social and easy to talk to, and this guy was similar. I love meeting new people.
So focus on dating guys who have their acts together.

You are independent by nature. So am I.

It doesn't suit all men. However, some men like that trait. They're usually confident in themselves but don't need to be in control of anybody. My husband liked the fact that I had my own tools and supplies for home repairs. He thinks it's hilarious that I currently have four organized tool boxes in my studio.

Maybe it's a rare trait in a man that he can provide enough nurturing affection and feedback to a strong woman. It certainly took me awhile to find the right one.

You still need to be happy by yourself and put the husband search on the back burner. Neediness is not attractive. Independence and self-sufficiency are.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Well I always ask if I can offer a guest a drink. He just happened to say I will take what you are having. Are you not polite?
I am very polite, but I am also professional.

He wasn't your guest. He was there about a job, so he would have been your employee.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:09 AM

182 posts, read 118,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I am very polite, but I am also professional.

He wasn't your guest. He was there about a job, so he would have been your employee.
It's actually extremely unprofessional for someone working at your house to be drinking alcohol while you are paying them to do whatever it is.

Also unprofessional to be hitting on them too, but nothing this OP says surprises me

Old 03-02-2016, 06:12 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Quote:
Does not come as a shock to me... I am not joking when I say that I can walk in a bar of 100 people, and the one that walks up to me is either bipolar, homeless or has a criminal record 5 pages thick..
Yes some are, but you need to put up the [bleep] face.And tell them to go away. Lol!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-03-2016 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships