Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 01:58 PM

15 posts, read 8,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Now ... you also need to change up your ideas about "horny time." There ARE other times of day to do it than bedtime, and there are other ways to let her know how you feel about her besides just getting into bed. Is there actual flirting and romance going on at other times, or is it just, "Roll over, baby"?
Weekends when we have nothing planned are great for this, sometimes morning, afternoon and night!

And yes, there's actual flirting, I just dont whip it out and say, hey, let's do this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 02:01 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Since she is well aware of her ADD and presumably the affects it has in her behaviors...

Has she ever attempted to learn some coping mechanisms?
Triggers for herself to help her prevent hurting others and herself unknowingly.

If not, this could be a good place to start.

You need to make her aware of how her behavior makes you feel and work towards a solution that can work to midigate the issues that come out of it.

It's a good exercise for both of you to undergo regardless of her issues dealing with attention issues, Don't make it just about her

Old 03-04-2016, 02:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
My son dates a girl who acts the way you describe your GF, especially the "being late" and making him wait part.

It's very telling. You need to tell her that you realized she is never really late if SHE makes the plans. It makes it look like she doesn't really care, and she should know that it looks that way.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
My son dates a girl who acts the way you describe your GF, especially the "being late" and making him wait part.

It's very telling. You need to tell her that you realized she is never really late if SHE makes the plans. It makes it look like she doesn't really care, and she should know that it looks that way.
It's such an internal struggle with me. I really do love her, more than anyone else. We fit together in so many ways. But I have worked hard for what I have, and in regards to the cleanliness issue, when I wake up in the morning some weekends and there is just her **** everywhere, it hurts. I have a hard time conveying HOW much it hurts.

Same thing when I make plans that she genuinely seems excited about, then wastes half the day sleeping in or on the computer.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:12 PM

Why is it a struggle? You're afraid she'll walk out if you call her on something?

Old 03-04-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Why is it a struggle? You're afraid she'll walk out if you call her on something?
No, i'm not afraid she will leave, the struggle is can I live with it if she is unwilling to change. We HAVE discussed this, I probably have not been as forceful or shown how much it affects me when I have had this discussion, but I have not avoided it.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen44 View Post
No, i'm not afraid she will leave, the struggle is can I live with it if she is unwilling to change. We HAVE discussed this, I probably have not been as forceful or shown how much it affects me when I have had this discussion, but I have not avoided it.
Bring it up again, but not from the perspective of how she needs to change, only from the perspective of how it affects you and makes YOU feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships