Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 01:57 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,150,157 times

Advertisements

I'm in a rough spot. I'm seeing a few women currently and one of them is temporarily homeless. I've been seeing her for about 6 months now.

She's in a situation where she really doesn't have supportive family out here and she was staying at a sober living place for a while. She's a good woman for sure and I do feel bad for her so I'm debating if I should let her stay at my place or not.

Problem is the other women of course and more importantly my daughter who stays with me often and has never met anyone I'm dating. I'm just not ready for them to meet if ever.

What would you do? I just can't decide. I feel bad that she has to sleep in her car. She also has a son too but he lives with his dad, but I know she would like to be able to spend time with him in a stable setting like my home.

It's not my responsibility but I feel bad. With her though I don't know how long it would take for her to find her own place.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:00 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Does she have a job? So is the problem that she needs time to save up for first & last month's rent, and deposit? If that's it, maybe you could help with that.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:04 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
I'm in a rough spot. I'm seeing a few women currently and one of them is temporarily homeless. I've been seeing her for about 6 months now.

She's in a situation where she really doesn't have supportive family out here and she was staying at a sober living place for a while. She's a good woman for sure and I do feel bad for her so I'm debating if I should let her stay at my place or not.

Problem is the other women of course and more importantly my daughter who stays with me often and has never met anyone I'm dating. I'm just not ready for them to meet if ever.

What would you do? I just can't decide. I feel bad that she has to sleep in her car. She also has a son too but he lives with his dad, but I know she would like to be able to spend time with him in a stable setting like my home.

It's not my responsibility but I feel bad. With her though I don't know how long it would take for her to find her own place.
Nope. DO NOT do it. Don't do it.

Your daughter is your priority.

Once this woman gets in your house, it will be that much harder to get her out when the time comes. And that time will come.

Besides, what will the other women do when they want to come over??

Old 03-04-2016, 02:08 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Not worth it for so many reasons...

If you want to help her out help her find a job or support her in a way that can get her back on her own two feet.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:12 PM

15 posts, read 8,342 times
Don't let her move in. If you feel bad, give her some money for a place temporarily, one of those weekly hotels workers stay in.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:21 PM

914 posts, read 737,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post

How old is your daughter? If I had (young) children, I wouldn't want them to meet any potential suitors unless I was serious about them. It doesn't sound like you are that serious about this woman. Also - "sober living place" - what's that? Does she have addictions?

Could you support her in other ways, like lending her the deposit for an apartment? I completely understand the predicament here, hope things work out for her!

Old 03-04-2016, 02:30 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
You've stated in other threads that you have an abundance of dating options. If this was the case, why are you dating an addict who is staying in a sober living facility and who can't manage herself enough to not get kicked out of said facility?

Is this the same woman you said I love you to?

Old 03-04-2016, 02:33 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,538,745 times
Why can't she continue to stay at the sober living facility? Most usually have some sort of "helping you get back on your feet" process - driving them around to get their ID's, SS cards, job searches, apt help (sec deposit, basic furnishings) etc, as well as recovery meetings to help build a foundation. Why is she not taking advantage of this?

Old 03-04-2016, 02:37 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
No, absolutely not, you have a daughter who visits, you say it's not often, so don't risk not being able to have her over because you let you FWB move in.

Why isn't she in sober living? That's a big red flag depending on how it ended. She could have released and got thrown out.

Do not do this.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:49 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
Newly sober alcoholic living with you and your kid? What could possibly go wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships