Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 04:39 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,872 times

Advertisements

That's called, Avoiding Life.

The pain is part of the joy. You don't get one without the other, otherwise you have nothing to compare Happiness to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 05:34 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulGal View Post
You have nothing to worry about. They didn't had out the formula on a day you were absent from school. Everyone has to figure these things out for themselves by trial and error.

I am in the vicinity of your age, and I can promise you that the wonderful relationship I am in today looks nothing like I would have envisioned as a teenager. And 23-year-old me would have turned her nose up at both 15-year-old me's vision and current-me's reality. Even a year or two into this current relationships things looked significantly different than they do today at 4 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Nobody knows until they experience what they DON'T want. It took me 15 years of dating to be comfortable with my current dating preferences, and people around here still try to shame me for it. Do you, and the rest falls into place.
Do tell! You're both being very coy!

Old 03-09-2016, 08:26 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Default How do you know what type of relationships you prefer?

Seventy years of experienced(s), some good, several not so good, one ultimately horrid, one now lasting.

The horrid one lasted 25 years and was the typical (not so much anymore) working me and a SAHM. When it ended badly I took some "time off" then entered into a relationship/marriage with a working woman who is delightfully independent. Big difference and I much prefer it. We're in our 20th year and counting.

When it hits you, you'll know. Just look before you leap.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 03-09-2016 at 08:45 PM..

Old 03-09-2016, 09:49 PM

298 posts, read 276,847 times
Yeah I have currently noticed this as-well, we are still babies in a grown adult body in our generation now, we delegate the immature lifestyle a teenager would have and intrigue these issues when finding a date, indulging in a relationship now days are simply monotonous and monitored by several facts that are indisputably the case. I think we all want the intimacy and casual relationships that can last forever, but it does definitely take a certain individual to advance in that aspect, we cannot combine a gorgeous attractive looking person with a good attitude and personality, not everyone has good personality nor are they good looking, many people prefer it that way and spectate it this way.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:00 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
That's called, Avoiding Life.

The pain is part of the joy. You don't get one without the other, otherwise you have nothing to compare Happiness to.
Absolutely!

Pain is a great teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships