Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 01:01 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
I love how when it's a woman not getting sex people are like "divorce him, you deserve much better!" When a guy posts this kinda thing (she won't have sex with me anymore) he needs to improve himself to where she wants him again or he should "get over himself and accept her for who she is!" Double standard much?

Also the part about being "very young" and in your 40s was the best. If she is very young, I am an infant lol
I posted a similar situation (and on going) with my wife and had same range of responses. Not wrong or right responses but suggestions that are worth considering....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 01:03 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtooth3 View Post
Being in your 40's and he is in his 60's becomes only a problem if you guys are not in the same page... how often do you need him to be intimate? he is not young anymore and at this stage sometimes they just want companionship, he maybe over with intimacy but seems like you're not, you need to sit down with him and be open and just discussed this as 2 adults, hey, I would like to have my needs met, there are different ways to satisfy that need he can provide that with alternatives but you both need to talk about it. It's a marriage, its a partnersip. maybe its not rejection sometimes men are just not into it, yeah,yeah, all you other guys there will be shocked but there are men like that...was married to one... asked him nicely if there is anything at all you can do to spice up the relationship..
Well, maybe some guys could provide alternatives but my guess is that a guy in his '60s who doesn't want to have sex is not going to want to spend a lot of time "pleasuring" his wife in other ways. ...a guy thing and a generational thing.

Old 03-26-2016, 03:15 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,660,771 times
Yeah, suggest some books on spicing up your relationship or buying some new outfits he likes. Maybe take a trip to a romantic place you both like. Sometimes after you are married awhile, the spice just sort of leaves the relationship. It's work to get it back; it sounds like you have some energy to help make it work again.

Old 03-26-2016, 03:34 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times
Quote:
I love how when it's a woman not getting sex people are like "divorce him, you deserve much better!" When a guy posts this kinda thing (she won't have sex with me anymore) he needs to improve himself to where she wants him again or he should "get over himself and accept her for who she is!" Double standard much?
or... how dare he make you feel guilty about something you don't want to do Complete double standard in my opinion!

Old 03-26-2016, 04:39 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:

Also the part about being "very young" and in your 40s was the best. If she is very young, I am an infant lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
or... how dare he make you feel guilty about something you don't want to do Complete double standard in my opinion!

Literally ONE person has said that, and then HE came back and suggested counseling.

Y'all are the only ones whining off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships