Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 02:55 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

From what I've read about herpes is pretty common. Still sucks to get the gift that keeps giving, as the saying goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 03:12 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Yeah, it's not the end of the world. HSV-2 is quite manageable. Doing my reading, I didn't realize that HSV-1 is present in about 90% of us. And that one can cause a lot more serious problems.
Yes, and they are basically the same thing. Almost everyone has one form or another. It's funny how most people say they don't want anything to do with someone with herpes, yet they already have it themselves. They just don't know it because they haven't been specifically tested for it.

Most of the people feeling sorry for you and sighing in relief of "there but for the grace of god go I" in this thread have herpes themselves.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Talk about a kick in the nuts! Sorry you are dealing with a never ending gift.

I once had a pal who stated quite matter of factly that they never tell folks until after sex. Selfish? Yes! When questioned, said this: "It's really no big deal!" Well, I am sure those who have yet to catch such would most certainly consider it a big deal! I was visiting and was ticked I wasn't told--as we were using the same bathroom! I know chances are slim to none passed like that, but there still IS a chance I'm not willing to take.

People need to be 100% upfront with anyone sharing intimate quarters and/or bed.
Have you been tested for the antibody specifically? If not, the chances are greater than 9 out of 10 that you have it already.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:28 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Yes, and they are basically the same thing. Almost everyone has one form or another. It's funny how most people say they don't want anything to do with someone with herpes, yet they already have it themselves. They just don't know it because they haven't been specifically tested for it.

Most of the people feeling sorry for you and sighing in relief of "there but for the grace of god go I" in this thread have herpes themselves.
I don't know if I have either one but I've never had a cold sore or genital outbreaks-neither have the men I had sex with. Then again I haven't had many sex partners though-I made the last guy I slept with show me proof he got tested and we still used a condom even though he tried not to. My concern was more about pregnancy. I have been tested and got cleared for all else though.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I don't know if I have either one but I've never had a cold sore or genital outbreaks-neither have the men I had sex with. Then again I haven't had many sex partners though-I made the last guy I slept with show me proof he got tested and we still used a condom even though he tried not to. My concern was more about pregnancy. I have been tested and got cleared for all else though.
A large percentage of people who have herpes either never have an outbreak or had one that was so mild they didn't even notice.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:51 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,296,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Have you been tested for the antibody specifically? If not, the chances are greater than 9 out of 10 that you have it already.
Yes. Tested for everything under the sun/pants! Clear. Thankfully, 100% free (and always have been) of any kind of sexually transmitted disease.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:57 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,296,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
You can't get herpes from a bathroom.
Yes, you can. I'm sorry to tell you this, but it's in the medical books/official.

Transmission is via intimate contact with infected secretions.

Got heat rash on legs, bum? Sit on a seat just sat on or sprayed by a carrier? Possible.

Open bug bite? Possible. Acne? Scratch on bum? Possible.

Contact with infected urine and/or secretions (of any kind) to your open sore, scratch, rash? BINGO!

Taking a bath right after a person with active infection? Guess what?! Possible. Shall I get more specific and clinical?

True, it's highly unlikely (conditions have to be just right), but possible.

Universal precautions ARE called for!

Last edited by picklejuice; 03-14-2016 at 04:07 PM..

Old 03-14-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Yes. Tested for everything under the sun/pants! Clear. Thankfully, 100% free (and always have been) of any kind of sexually transmitted disease.
If you are dead set against getting HSV, you'd better make sure anyone you are with shows you the test results for both HSV1 & 2. Otherwise, you run a greater than 9 out of 10 chance that they have it.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:07 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
Yes, you can. I'm sorry to tell you this, but it's in the medical books/official.

Transmission is via intimate contact with infected secretions.

Got heat rash and sit on a seat just sat on by a carrier? Possible. Open bug bite? Possible. Acne? Scratch on bum? Possible.

Contact with infected urine and/or secretions (of any kind) to your open sore, scratch, rash? BINGO!

Taking a bath right after a person with active infection? Guess what?! Possible. Shall I get more specific and clinical?

True, it's highly unlikely (conditions have to be just right), but possible.

Universal precautions ARE called for!
OMG, I never want to pee or bathe again.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
OMG, I never want to pee or bathe again.
You know those sores, pimples or rashes on your skin that most everyone gets? Any of those can be a herpes outbreak from the virus you carry in your body. They just aren't often recognized as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships