Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 10:09 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,354 times

Advertisements

What does it mean when a guy avidly texts you as long as you don't text him first? When he thinks you aren't that interested he's all about winning you, but once you show even the smallest bit of interest he pulls back?

I have tried to show interest because I don't want him to feel like he's doing ALL the work and being taken for granted. But then I try to meet him halfway and it seems to turn him off.

I mean, I understand the appeal of the chase. But this is a little ridiculous. Is he after control?

Last edited by stava; 03-15-2016 at 10:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 10:17 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,568 times
Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Some men like to do the pursuing, and may think a woman who reaches out in this manner is being aggressive.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:19 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
It means he is emotionally unavailable. Guys like this like the chase when it seems you are not available to have an actual, healthy relationship. Once you become available, it becomes extremely uncomfortable.

Guys like this will always disappoint you if you are looking for a healthy, intimate relationship.

Women who go after guys like this are often suffering from their own intimacy issues themselves.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:22 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
It means he is emotionally unavailable. Guys like this like the chase when it seems you are not available to have an actual, healthy relationship. Once you become available, it becomes extremely uncomfortable.

Guys like this will always disappoint you if you are looking for a healthy, intimate relationship.

Women who go after guys like this are often suffering from their own intimacy issues themselves.
I think you're right. I have been getting the sense that he is very uncomfortable with real intimacy, and even with just being himself.

I don't want to get into a relationship where he only wants me when I don't want him, when I am hurting his ego. That is so dysfunctional.

Time to let this one go.

Last edited by stava; 03-15-2016 at 10:44 PM..

Old 03-15-2016, 10:47 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,809,401 times
I dated a guy like this once, then I would get fed up with his lack luster responses and stop contacting him only for him to contact me a couple of days later perplexed as to why I ghosted on him. This went on for months and he would always turn it around on me until I had finally had it and told him flat out we were over.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:12 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Did you ever reject him at all? Or refuse a date? If not, then don't worry. If he thinks that you might be interested he will quickly return.

If you didn't reject him then he might be playing games.

If you did refuse or reject him he will think you either don't care, or that just are amused by playing with him, for your own ego.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:13 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,614 times
Quote:

^this

Old 03-16-2016, 07:26 AM

5 posts, read 3,628 times
I had this situation and well its kind of controlling.

I would think that the girl is not interested in me, therefore, I would text her time after time because I'm trying to get her to be interested in me more.

Also insecurity issues. He doesn't want to lose you.

He wants more than just being friends.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:48 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Quote:

Agree!

Old 03-16-2016, 08:49 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:

Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships