Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 07:47 AM

5 posts, read 3,630 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the long list. Let me begin by saying, I'm 30 and I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years and ...

- She complains to me about not sleeping over at her place but she always sleeps over mine. She said we have to compromise. I'm like screw that, I like sleeping in my bed in my house.

I don't want to sleep there because of a few reasons.
Cons
- My house is bigger and more comfortable, hers is messy , dirty and small, IMO. I have OCD, I can't stand messiness.
- My clothing, grooming stuff aren't there.
- I have a garage, and I don't like to park my car on the city streets.
Pros
- Distance to work takes 20min instead of an hour and 10mins.

But I do sleep there time after time. ^

She has insecurity issues.
- Rarely but when she feels worried that I'm cheating, she'll force me to give her my phone so she can look through it. I always say no, theres nothing to see over and over but then I'll eventually give hand it over. And then she'll look through it and question me a few things.
- She questions me about friends on my Facebook account. Ex. Whos that girl? Did you go out with her? And also, she'll get mad if I like another girls photo. (I've never done this.)
- She questions me, why are you still awake? Didn't you say that you were sleeping?

Other

- Whenever HER friends has an event, I'll usually have to be there with her even though I don't want to go sometimes.
- She gets mad when I hang out with my friends too often instead of her. I hang out with my friends since elementary school because we cycle together, shoot photography, chit chat and just chill.
- I have to call her every day or night. Where were you last night? You couldn't call me before you go sleep?
- I have to be with her at least once a week or she'll start complaining.
- She talks about marriage and having a baby when I'm not ready yet. She said its better to have a child earlier.
- Shes taking a while to graduate from college and she's unemployed. She doesn't want to get a job when I ask her to work somewhere, even retail.
- She loves Hello Kitty and always love to go to the Disney Store. I hate staying there for more than 5 minutes. She said that the Hello Kitty stuff are for her niece but I knows the one whos really interested in it.
- She often curses and gets mad or frustrated easily. She said thats because I do stupid stuff. She also curses at her mom, maybe because of the same reason.
- She has an abnormal sleeping schedule, she sleeps and wake up whenever. Sometimes she'll go to sleep at 4am or wake up at 5pm.
- She takes forever to do her make up which may and she tends to be late all the time. I hate it when people are late or tend to take forever to get out the house.

I can say more but I can't these are somethings I thought of on top of my head.

Thoughts about this.

Last edited by Davidx; 03-16-2016 at 08:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 07:50 AM

123 posts, read 120,813 times
You're going to have to get over the staying at your house thing eventually but it does sound like you've got more issues with her than that. Didn't share any of the upsides of the relationship. Just break up.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:51 AM

720 posts, read 1,408,066 times
Stop. If she is at the insecure level, time to move on. It will only get worse. If these things bother you now, trust me, it will triple in annoyance as time goes on. Seems you are both on different levels and usually the gap widens. I am not in any way trying to be a Debbie Downer, but if the things you listed are issues now, they will be later, too.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:52 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidx View Post
Let me begin by saying, I'm 30 and I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years and ...

She complains to me about not sleeping over at her place but she always sleeps over mine. She said we have to compromise. I'm like screw that, I like sleeping in my bed in my house.

Cons
- My house is bigger and more comfortable, hers is messy , dirty and small, IMO.
Pros

- Rarely but when she feels worried that I'm cheating, she'll force me to give her my phone so she can look through it.
- She questions me about friends on my Facebook account. Ex. Whos that girl? Did you go out with her? And also, she'll get mad if I like another girls photo.

Other

- Whenever HER friends has an event, I'll always have to be there with her.

- She gets mad when I hang out with my friends too often instead of her.

- I have to call her every day or night.
- I have to be with her at least once a week.
- She questions me, why are you still awake? Didn't you say that you were sleeping?

- She talks about marriage and having a baby when I'm not ready yet. She said its better to have a child earlier.
- Shes taking a while to graduate from college.
- Shes unemployed
- She loves Hello Kitty and always love to go to the Disney Store.
- She often curses and gets mad or frustrated easily. She said because I do stupid stuff. She also curses at her mom, maybe because of the same reason.
- She has an abnormal sleeping schedule, she sleeps and wake up whenever. Sometimes she'll go to sleep at 4am or wake up at 5pm.
- She takes forever to do her make up.
- She tends to be late all the time.

Opinions please? I may need help. I could be the wrong one.

I think you both have issues, but she sounds like an insecure, rude pain in the *ss.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:58 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidx View Post
Let me begin by saying, I'm 30 and I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years and ...

- She complains to me about not sleeping over at her place but she always sleeps over mine. She said we have to compromise. I'm like screw that, I like sleeping in my bed in my house.

Cons
- My house is bigger and more comfortable, hers is messy , dirty and small, IMO.
Pros

- Rarely but when she feels worried that I'm cheating, she'll force me to give her my phone so she can look through it.
- She questions me about friends on my Facebook account. Ex. Whos that girl? Did you go out with her? And also, she'll get mad if I like another girls photo.

Other

- Whenever HER friends has an event, I'll always have to be there with her.

- She gets mad when I hang out with my friends too often instead of her.

- I have to call her every day or night.
- I have to be with her at least once a week or she'll start complaining.

- Shes taking a while to graduate from college.
- Shes unemployed
- She loves Hello Kitty and always love to go to the Disney Store.
- She often curses and gets mad or frustrated easily. She said thats because I do stupid stuff. She also curses at her mom, maybe because of the same reason.

- She takes forever to do her make up.
- She tends to be late all the time. I hate it when people are late or tend to take forever to get out the house.

Opinions please? I may need help. I could be the wrong one. I dont mind if you guys say that I'm the wrong one or with issues.
You don't seem to be on the same page. Either you can both try to compromise, or you can find someone more compatible.

You posted a list of the things you don't like, but what about her do you like?

Old 03-16-2016, 08:12 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
There is a mix of incredibly petty things and a few absolute deal killers on that gripe list. The deal killer ones almost get lost in the whiny child complaints. Hello Kitty? How can that even make the list?

The searching your phone one would have me kicking her to the curb ASAP. Most of the others could be worked through.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:47 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
[quote=Davidx;43374882]
- She complains to me about not sleeping over at her place but she always sleeps over mine. She said we have to compromise. I'm like screw that, I like sleeping in my bed in my house. How selfish! What is she says the same?

Cons
- My house is bigger and more comfortable, hers is messy , dirty and small, IMO. I have OCD, I can't stand messiness.
Pros
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Again: SELFISH.

- Rarely but when she feels worried that I'm cheating, she'll force me to give her my phone so she can look through it. I always say no, theres nothing to see over and over but then I'll eventually give hand it over. And then she'll look through it and question me a few things.
- She questions me about friends on my Facebook account. Ex. Whos that girl? Did you go out with her? And also, she'll get mad if I like another girls photo. (I've never done this.)
Inacceptable. Don't give in on any of these points.
Other

- Whenever HER friends has an event, I'll usually have to be there with her even though I don't want to go sometimes. If you are a good bf, you go there. It's called a RELATIONSHIP
- She gets mad when I hang out with my friends too often instead of her. I hang out with my friends since elementary school because we cycle together, shoot photography, chit chat and just chill. How often???
- I have to call her every day or night. Where were you last night? You couldn't call me before you go sleep? I would except a good night text/call also. There is the difference between a caring bf and a lousy bf.
- I have to be with her at least once a week or she'll start complaining. Once a week? OMG, how dare she wants to see you once a week! WHy are you with her???? Once a week is still too much? Do you even love her??
- She talks about marriage and having a baby when I'm not ready yet. She said its better to have a child earlier. Watch out, she might get ACCIDENTALLY pregnant.
- Shes taking a while to graduate from college and she's unemployed. She doesn't want to get a job when I ask her to work somewhere, even retail. WTF? who pays for her place/food/life??? Dealbreaker.
- She loves Hello Kitty and always love to go to the Disney Store. I hate staying there for more than 5 minutes. She said that the Hello Kitty stuff are for her niece but I knows the one whos really interested in it. so what. That really is worth complaining about?
- She often curses and gets mad or frustrated easily. She said thats because I do stupid stuff. She also curses at her mom, maybe because of the same reason. she is not working, hanging around all day, of course she is frustrated about her life.
- She has an abnormal sleeping schedule, she sleeps and wake up whenever. Sometimes she'll go to sleep at 4am or wake up at 5pm. yep, jobless life ... She needs something to do and to live for.
- She takes forever to do her make up which may and she tends to be late all the time. I hate it when people are late or tend to take forever to get out the house. THere is nothing you can do about that. Just accept it.

Opinions please?[/quote]

You are not a good bf but her not working and not willing to work would be a dealbreaker for me if she lives off her parents or the government or you.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:48 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
Opinions about what? Its your life, not ours. You made a list for yourself, now read it and see what you can deal with and what is a deal breaker. No one here knows. We arent your bud, siding with you so you can slam your girlfriend. Some guys would have absolutely no problems with any of those. Some guys would have problems with all of them.

So who are you?

Old 03-16-2016, 09:05 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Wait. She wants to have a baby and doesn't even have a degree, job, or any way to support herself?

Is she insane? Are you?

Old 03-16-2016, 09:14 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,033,761 times
Is it worth keeping this relationship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships