Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 02:21 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Yet you were purusing men online within a 25 mile radius just the other day. And you plan on one coming by, as in another contractor to do a quote/knock back a few beer with?
No, I skimmed the listings to see what was available. I don't even have an account, nor am I going through the trouble to create one.

I don't expect anyone to find me at the house. That is my point. It is unlikely I will meet anyone any time soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 02:25 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Why would a man without kids be motivated to date a woman with kids? Usually, unmarried men without kids are not interested in spending a tremendous amount of time with children that are not their own, such as the amount of time that goes into a parenting type relationship.
It depends on the guy.

I have no kids of my own, but two of the women I have some interest in right now have their own kids. The idea of an instant family is kinda cool, at least if the kids are still young enough for me to get to know them while they still have a lot of time to grow up.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
Gotta be tough in the dating world for young single parents. There's just something about a single mom, I can never catch feelings for them.
Do you like them before you find out they have kids?

Old 03-18-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
It depends on the guy.

I have no kids of my own, but two of the women I have some interest in right now have their own kids. The idea of an instant family is kinda cool, at least if the kids are still young enough for me to get to know them while they still have a lot of time to grow up.
You sound like one of the good ones! Love your attitude

Old 03-18-2016, 02:38 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Dating single mothers sucks D... not gonna sugar coat it. You can't do squat on the spur of the moment, you are always second to the kids.. which is the way it's supposed to be, but still sucks. As a single guy I didn't care for doing "kid" things, I don't want to come off as an A hole, but just laying it out.

I just wonder what the OP is thinking??? All things being equal why would a single man want to take on woman with kids, I mean she has to be a good woman and again, all things being equal the childfree woman is just easier to deal with.

Not sure what the OP thinks men want, but single men prefer women without kids, they may say they don't mind, but that's crapola, if they were truthful they'd admit that they would rather not deal with the drama and all of the additional dynamics that children bring to the table.

The cold reality is is that most women/men have children by 35 at the latest, so to find someone compatible that you actually want to spend time with and not having kids is jus makes that so much harder, and the OP lives in Podunkville so she's pretty much screwed, she has kids, a ridiculous life story, and she's trying to pull down a single guy without kids.

Better luck winning the lotto a couple of times.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
It depends on the guy.

Have you ever actually dated and spent significant time with a single mother????

Old 03-18-2016, 02:46 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Have you ever actually dated and spent significant time with a single mother????
Before I met my ex, I dated two single mothers. Right now, I have a number of very good friends who are single mothers. So yes, and yes.

You assume I'm flying blind? :-)

Keep in mind that I also own a home and have an established career, so the financial impact of a family is something I might be more easily able to absorb than some. I'm not a 20-something living in a studio apartment.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Dating single mothers sucks D... not gonna sugar coat it. You can't do squat on the spur of the moment, you are always second to the kids.. which is the way it's supposed to be, but still sucks. As a single guy I didn't care for doing "kid" things, I don't want to come off as an A hole, but just laying it out.

I just wonder what the OP is thinking??? All things being equal why would a single man want to take on woman with kids, I mean she has to be a good woman and again, all things being equal the childfree woman is just easier to deal with.

Not sure what the OP thinks men want, but single men prefer women without kids, they may say they don't mind, but that's crapola, if they were truthful they'd admit that they would rather not deal with the drama and all of the additional dynamics that children bring to the table.

The cold reality is is that most women/men have children by 35 at the latest, so to find someone compatible that you actually want to spend time with and not having kids is jus makes that so much harder, and the OP lives in Podunkville so she's pretty much screwed, she has kids, a ridiculous life story, and she's trying to pull down a single guy without kids.

Better luck winning the lotto a couple of times.
You are not every single guy without kids.i need to find the guy that is good with an instant family.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Before I met my ex, I dated two single mothers. Right now, I have a number of very good friends who are single mothers. So yes, and yes.

You assume I'm flying blind? :-)

Keep in mind that I also own a home and have an established career, so the financial impact of a family is something I might be more easily able to absorb than some. I'm not a 20-something living in a studio apartment.
Well, if you're an older guy you've probably accepted that your dating pool is probably filled with women with kids, most likely.

Good, if you are a guy that goes into it with knowledge of the extra responsibilities that children will bring if you date women with kids and you move forward into that next step.

I think that women with kids need to have exceptional pickers in men to be sure that they bring home a good man that will be good to her kids. There are stories out there of awful step dads/moms.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
You are not every single guy without kids.i need to find the guy that is good with an instant family.

Of course I'm not every single guy out there, but I'm significantly older than you and I've talked to men and had these conversations with men for decades, I can't speak for others, I can only speak of what I've heard/seen over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships