Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 06:41 AM

91 posts, read 119,210 times

Advertisements

Last week my husband's daughter was home for Spring Break from college and early in the week she mentioned that she may have a UTI. Both me and her dad told her to drink water and cranberry juice for a few days to flush her kidneys. Well, she went back to school Sunday and on Monday night she called her dad, my husband, saying that she had went to student health and was running a fever so they sent her to the hospital. She kept in touch with her dad until about 3:30 AM Tues morning with updates. All day Tues morning my husband said that he checked on her and she was still in a lot of pain so about 1 PM he decided to just drive down to the college and check on her. He called me and said that he was heading down there and then he said that her mom would be riding with him. That didn't sit too well with me because before we got married some 6 years ago he and his daughter's mom almost hooked up. They claim to have a great relationship for the sake of their child but I think since they almost hooked up that relationship is too close. He always reminds me that what would I rather have, two parents that can get along for the sake of their child or two people who are always arguing and fighting each other? He told me he didn't want me going because I was under the weather myself and he didn't want me passing germs back and forth between her and myself, so I stayed home. What I don't understand is that his daughter's mom has a car that will make it but he decided to pick her up so they could ride together. He didn't get back home until about 10:30 that night. She's fine now but I mentioned to him that I wasn't happy about the situation of her riding with him and he seemed highly upset. He said that I can't overlook the fact that years ago the two of them almost hooked up again. Instead, I should have been looking at the fact that two caring parents drove several hours to check on their child. Yes, we've been to counseling to help this situation and he said what was the point of going to counseling if I'm always going to see him as a cheat? Was I wrong to be suspicious or should my radar always be up when it comes to him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 06:49 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Yes, and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
... I should have been looking at the fact that two caring parents drove several hours to check on their child.
Check yourself, madam, or you are going to end up alone.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:56 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Why did you not take her for medical care the moment the child said she needed a doctor? UTI's are very painful and generally require antibiotics. As a mom of a child that was born with kidney failure, you don't play with that stuff.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:57 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Quote:
Last week my husband's daughter was home for Spring Break from college and early in the week she mentioned that she may have a UTI. Both me and her dad told her to drink water and cranberry juice for a few days to flush her kidneys. Well, she went back to school Sunday and on Monday night she called her dad, my husband, saying that she had went to student health and was running a fever so they sent her to the hospital. She kept in touch with her dad until about 3:30 AM Tues morning with updates. All day Tues morning my husband said that he checked on her and she was still in a lot of pain so about 1 PM he decided to just drive down to the college and check on her. He called me and said that he was heading down there and then he said that her mom would be riding with him. That didn't sit too well with me because before we got married some 6 years ago he and his daughter's mom almost hooked up. They claim to have a great relationship for the sake of their child but I think since they almost hooked up that relationship is too close. He always reminds me that what would I rather have, two parents that can get along for the sake of their child or two people who are always arguing and fighting each other? He told me he didn't want me going because I was under the weather myself and he didn't want me passing germs back and forth between her and myself, so I stayed home. What I don't understand is that his daughter's mom has a car that will make it but he decided to pick her up so they could ride together. He didn't get back home until about 10:30 that night. She's fine now but I mentioned to him that I wasn't happy about the situation of her riding with him and he seemed highly upset. He said that I can't overlook the fact that years ago the two of them almost hooked up again. Instead, I should have been looking at the fact that two caring parents drove several hours to check on their child. Yes, we've been to counseling to help this situation and he said what was the point of going to counseling if I'm always going to see him as a cheat? Was I wrong to be suspicious or should my radar always be up when it comes to him?
If you can't trust him, you have no relationship.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:02 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,144 times
The way you phrased your last sentence makes it sound like you don't trust him at all, not just concerning his ex wife.

He had to "be" with his ex for a few hours to check on his sick daughter. What has he done that's untrustworthy?

You need to decide.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:05 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Quote:
Were you exclusive during the 'almost hooking up' period?

They are going to have to deal with each other re: the daughter from now on. Can you deal with that?

I do find it odd that they drove down just for a UTI, but YMMV.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:06 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Yet again, you are wrong and your husband is right.

Parents, even parents that are not together, will always have a bond in their children. It is better for the parents and the child for them to get along.

Honestly, the only reason you have to worry is because of the way you act towards your husband. You are pushing him away with you actions and attitude. Why are you mad that he almost hooked up with his ex BEFORE you got together?

Old 03-18-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
The way you phrased your last sentence makes it sound like you don't trust him at all, not just concerning his ex wife.

He had to "be" with his ex for a few hours to check on his sick daughter. What has he done that's untrustworthy?

You need to decide.

No, they were never married. They just had a daughter together while they were dating. Untrustworthy, they almost hooked up before we got married. Wouldn't you be suspicious if your partner / mate almost hooked up with someone then to know that they would be riding together alone in a car for several hours?

Old 03-18-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yet again, you are wrong and your husband is right.

Parents, even parents that are not together, will always have a bond in their children. It is better for the parents and the child for them to get along.

Honestly, the only reason you have to worry is because of the way you act towards your husband. You are pushing him away with you actions and attitude. Why are you mad that he almost hooked up with his ex BEFORE you got together?
We were together when they almost hooked up. We were in an exclusive relationship when they almost hooked up.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:10 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Is there anything at all that you like about your husband? How can you with a clean conscious make the daughters illness about you? As far as driving for a UTI, sometimes kids just need their parents when they are sick. When I had the stroke in August I wanted Mr. CSD and my Mother and I am 55 years old but I needed my Mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships