Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 08:20 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Unless I am missing something the OP only said she wants to date men the same race as her. What is wrong with that?
Nothing. Most people date and marry within their race.

Oan, anyone else amazed at how quickly op rebounds... Literally within days of one break up, she's moved on to the next guy, and they never seem to be completely compatible with her. Op what do you have in common with this man that is clearly in a different place in life than you are? Not just by his age, but by his lifestyle?

I'm a gym rat. I will hardly ever miss a workout unless I absolutely have to-and I make plans around my work outs--but if a man required more of my time, and that meant less time in the gym, it would not work out. Most of the men I've dated are gym rats too. Interestingly they don't typically date other female gym rats, they tend to date women like you... Women who work out every now and then but that in general aren't gym rats. A lot of these male gym rats complain that the girl isn't always understanding of their dedication to the gym and see it as obsessive(sort of how one non-gamer partner may get annoyed when the other partner constantly plays video games). Not to mention in these cases a lot of the time the woman doesn't have two kids--and still the gym cuts into the time they can spend with one another.

It's only the beginning right now... Of course things seem flexible. They tend to be that way in the beginning but overtime these lifestyle differences will become very apparent.

I can tell you right now op, gym is a big priority for him. It isn't as much for you, granted its because it can't be with your childcare situation, but any young man that spends that much time in the gym, isn't on the same schedule as you are. Heck I only can spend anywhere from 60-90 minutes and that still cuts into a lot of my own time, but I have one child. For a single person with no children, three hours at the gym isn't going to cut into as much of their time--but what it will eventually do is cut into your time with him... Those three hours will eat away at quality time, since you have limited time as it is as a single parent that works 50 hours a week and has two children--your too desperate to see how it will but it will. Eventually you will find it problemsome that he spends that much time in the gym, as opposed to spending more time with you.

Have you asked him how he feels about not having his own biological kids?

Last edited by Faith2187; 03-30-2016 at 09:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 08:42 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
So basically all guys suck? And they all have red flags and to run from them all?
Not quite. Keep thinking though. Maybe you will figure it out

Old 03-30-2016, 08:57 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Stop, just stop. No one said any such thing. If you're going to try to rile people up again today you can do better than that.
That is what I am being told.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:00 AM

426 posts, read 370,724 times
Quote:
So basically all guys suck? And they all have red flags and to run from them all?
Dude no ones perfect.
Stop finding a way to burn people.
Everyone has their pros and cons every girl you meet and every guy you meet.
All depends what you are willing to tolerate.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:00 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
That is what I am being told.
Please. But fine, maybe you should take that break... if you can not be man hungry for 48 hrs. If this is real, but I'm not buying it.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Oh rly? No public assistance?
No public assistance. I stopped qualifying for food stamps when my sons father started paying child support.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:18 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I won't hold out on ya.

Red flags I see:

So... something has to give. It sounds like he's just hoping to get laid.

Straight-up honest with you.
Red flag I see: after two dates, OP feels he's perfect for her and is already thinking marriage, mere days after breaking up with the last one.

Red flag I see: She lives in a small town where she seems to know or know of everyone. She likely has a reputation of being easy.

Quote:
We also won't me moving in together any time soon, if ever.
But you don't want to be married to someone you don't live with, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
0P, what is the longest you have gone without having a man in your life?
She said in another post she was once single for 9 months, which she felt was a really long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Supposedly got off it once one of the baby daddys started paying child support.
If I remember correctly, she doesn't consider food stamps to be the same as welfare but I could be wrong on that.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Nothing. Most people date and marry within their race.

Oan, anyone else amazed at how quickly op rebounds... Literally within days of one break up, she's moved on to the next guy, and they never seem to be completely compatible with her. Op what do you have in common with this man that is clearly in a different place in life than you are? Not just by his age, but by his lifestyle?

I'm a gym rat. I will hardly ever miss a workout unless I absolutely have to-and I make plans around my work outs--but if a man required more of my time, and that meant less time in the gym, it would not work out. Most of the men I've dated are gym rats too. Interestingly they don't typically date other female gym rats, they tend to date women like you... Women who work out every now and then but that in general aren't gym rats. A lot of these male gym rats complain that the girl isn't always understanding of their dedication to the gym and see it as obsessive(sort of how one non-gamer partner may get annoyed when the other partner constantly plays video games). Not to mention in these cases a lot of the time the woman doesn't have two kids--and still the gym cuts into the time they can spend with one another.

It's only the beginning right now... Of course things seem flexible. They tend to be that way in the beginning but overtime these lifestyle differences will become very apparent.

I can tell you right now op, gym is a big priority for him. It isn't as much for you, granted its because it can't be with your childcare situation, but any young man that spends that much time in the gym, isn't on the same schedule as you are. Heck I only can spend anywhere from 60-90 minutes and that still cuts into a lot of my own time, but I have one child. For a single person with no children, three hours at the gym isn't going to cut into as much of their time--but what it will eventually do is cut into your time with him... Those three hours will eat away at quality time, since you have limited time as it is as a single parent that works 50 hours a week and has two children--your too desperate to see how it will but it will. Eventually you will find it problemsome that he spends that much time in the gym, as opposed to spending more time with you.

Have you asked him how he feels about not having his own biological kids?
We talked about his gym time. He says he goes so much because all he has is work and the gym. He wants to spend more time with me. I am really ok with having time to myself. Those are nights I can meet friends and do my thing. I am really not a needy person. I don't need someone next to me all the time.

We did talk about the kid thing, and he has no need to have his own kids at any point. He is well aware I can't have more. Nor would I want to start over at my age.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:22 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
If I remember correctly, she doesn't consider food stamps to be the same as welfare but I could be wrong on that.
She called it welfare in her employment section post, then chastised people for calling it welfare here.

It's tough keeping stories straight, I admit.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Red flag I see: after two dates, OP feels he's perfect for her and is already thinking marriage, mere days after breaking up with the last one.

Red flag I see: She lives in a small town where she seems to know or know of everyone. She likely has a reputation of being easy.

But you don't want to be married to someone you don't live with, so...

She said in another post she was once single for 9 months, which she felt was a really long time.

Whoa! Who said anything about marriage? Also said I won't be living with anyone anytime soon.

I am far from easy. I make guys become my friend long before they get sex. Last boyfriend was in the friend zone for 18 months, and a lot of high bar tabs before I would date him.

BF before that has been my friend 30 years prior.

My sons father took a year to get me to go out with him once...I am actually very guarded and not quick to let anyone touch me. I don't hug or touch my own parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships