Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 10:59 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,030,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxxm98 View Post
You wont give guys a chance that work in blue collar jobs (as you said many times with their hands) but its ok for you to have a blue collar job? there's nothing wrong with blue collar jobs, but its hypocritical on your part to dismiss them based on that, seeing that you work one too.
Well in every thread it is harped on that I need to find a better class of guy. A more professional man. I have an office professional job.

I swear the advice changes more than the weather around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 11:06 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Well in every thread it is harped on that I need to find a better class of guy. A more professional man. I have an office professional job.

I swear the advice changes more than the weather around here.

I don't think type of job is what people meant by "class of guy."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-20-2016, 11:20 AM

Ok do men actually read profiles or just look at pictures?

If they read is there a positive way to word that I only date in my race and people of similar size?

Old 03-20-2016, 11:23 AM

And for those that were successful in meeting someone, what did you do? Did you go through the meet me selection? Only message guys you had an interest in and wait for responses?

Old 03-20-2016, 11:30 AM

I never messaged anyone on OLD. Guys tell me they look and pics first and foremost and then may read profile.

Any guy who didn't actually read my profile was definitely moved down a few notches.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:35 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
So last night I was bored and said why the heck don't I just have one profile and see what happens. Maybe Mr. Right will find me.

Haha!!! That was a hilarious idea...

Number 1- I am going to be super picky and if you are not what I want, I am not wasting a second of my time.

Number 2- The cute guys that I like and see as a fit, view my profile and nothing. No message. No nothing.

Number 3- The non-white guys are requesting to meet me and the guys way overweight. No. Just no.

Online dating is laughable at best and really should be used for strictly amusement purposes only.

I am not investing much time into this so won't be sending messages to any men. If an attractive one happens to peak my interest, I will message them back. But other than that.. Entertainment and laughing... Lots of laughing.

I am ready for warm weather and being less bored cooped up in the house.
So in post #125 from

http:////www.city-data.com/foru...ithout-13.html

Now you've created an online profile...but for amusement purposes only! How you can be so delusional with an utterly complete lack of self-awareness...I guess that's the only thing that makes you get up every morning and keep going.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:38 AM

If this threads continues to discuss race, it will be shut down.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:39 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
So last night I was bored and said why the heck don't I just have one profile and see what happens. Maybe Mr. Right will find me.

Haha!!! That was a hilarious idea...

Number 1- I am going to be super picky and if you are not what I want, I am not wasting a second of my time.

Number 2- The cute guys that I like and see as a fit, view my profile and nothing. No message. No nothing.

Number 3- The non-white guys are requesting to meet me and the guys way overweight. No. Just no.

Online dating is laughable at best and really should be used for strictly amusement purposes only.

I am not investing much time into this so won't be sending messages to any men. If an attractive one happens to peak my interest, I will message them back. But other than that.. Entertainment and laughing... Lots of laughing.

I am ready for warm weather and being less bored cooped up in the house.
Quote:
Ok do men actually read profiles or just look at pictures?

If they read is there a positive way to word that I only date in my race and people of similar size?
You say you're a hottie so hopefully the guys are true to form and ONLY look at pics...but I'm sure your profile is a riot.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I never messaged anyone on OLD. Guys tell me they look and pics first and foremost and then may read profile.

Any guy who didn't actually read my profile was definitely moved down a few notches.
See and that's the approach I like. If they like me, message me. Let the man be a man. But others had different opinions.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
You say you're a hottie so hopefully the guys are true to form and ONLY look at pics...but I'm sure your profile is a riot.
It is very basic and short to read. I am outdoorsy, biggest hobby is working on my house, I rescue animals from the road and looking for a man equally good hearted, etc. I had a lengthy profile last time and it did not seem to help. Added 5 pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships