Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2016, 08:05 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
3 hours? And he does this everyday?

I used to belong to a gym. It was back when I was a stay at home mom. The kids would go to school and I would go to the gym. Not every day, I liked it, but what I couldn't help noticing was how much of your time it would take up. By the time you drive there, do your work out, shower etc. You get back home and most of the mornings gone or half a day is gone. I thought no wonder people often sign a contract and then quit going. Fitting that in with a job and family I'm sure gets to be impossible.
Shower when you get home. I took my son with me to the gym when he was little. Gym has childcare - most major ones do now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 06:33 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,030,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Shower when you get home. I took my son with me to the gym when he was little. Gym has childcare - most major ones do now.
The only ones around here that have daycare are the really expensive clubs. I could never afford the $200 a month membership fees.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:58 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I need internet for work, but I don't have cable or a TV and haven't for decades. Lots of people like that. They may not be normz, but that's a good thing.
Honestly sometimes I think people would be better off without Internet, television, and such. All that technology that distracts people, and often poses as limits to learning, living, and making decisions that aren't influenced by what you saw or read. Before my mother passed away she did not use the Internet, and her tv was only on to play New Age music. She spent her time exercising, meditating, writing, reading, and going out to do things.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
The only ones around here that have daycare are the really expensive clubs. I could never afford the $200 a month membership fees.
Does your children's school provide before and after care? I use before care to go a inexpensive gym and work out, and also utilize lunch breaks when it's warm enough to walk. I have weights and equipment in my home that I use on the weekends.

My mom always worked out when I was growing up and she had 4 kids--she took us to the daycare at the gym she worked out at. It wasn't quality care lol, but the gym was very affordable. She made it a huge priority, and I'm guessing it was passed on to me, because it's a must for me-to at least work out 5 days a week. Lately I've been doing 6. I may have to cut it down though because it is taking up time, and my periods have now become very irregular since I've started this-I've also lost weight not intentionally and I'm not trying to lose my a$$ which lately is starting to be the case lol.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:02 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Does your children's school provide before and after care? I use before care to go a inexpensive gym and work out, and also utilize lunch breaks when it's warm enough to walk. I have weights and equipment in my home that I use on the weekends.

My mom always worked out when I was growing up and she had 4 kids--she took us to the daycare at the gym she worked out at. It wasn't quality care lol, and the gym was very affordable.
Yeah, even the YMCA / YWCA gyms have day care around here.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post

My mom always worked out when I was growing up and she had 4 kids--she took us to the daycare at the gym she worked out at. It wasn't quality care lol, and the gym was very affordable.
Yes I utilize before care so I can get to work on time. Opens at 6:30 and I have to be to work by 7. Do you not work?

Old 04-01-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, even the YMCA / YWCA gyms have day care around here.
It is a good 30 mins away, 40 in rush hour plus $100 a month. I tried to get a scholarship but was not approved.

I ride bikes at home and we do walk trails and stuff.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:23 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
It is a good 30 mins away, 40 in rush hour plus $100 a month. I tried to get a scholarship but was not approved.
Dang! The YMCA here is income based and even falling in the top tier of their income chart, I only paid $39/month. Which is what I'm now paying for 24 Hr. Fitness which has child care. I don't remember if the YMCA did or not as it wasn't relevant to me. I only know 24 Hr does because I pass it on the way to the locker room.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
He sounds broke.
Yes... Exactly what I'm thinking too--every man ive met that still has a flip phone, no cable, Internet, and lives that modestly is doing so for that reason.

Maybe he's a different type of guy-but at his age it's slightly surprising that he incorporates so little technology in his daily life(rare for people in that age range), still uses a flip phone, and only does the gym for entertainment. Also while it's not completely strange that he does not want children, yet is willing to date you--its definitely "different".

However to be fair, let me tell you a crazy story:

I have an acquaintance that is 33, she is separated from her husband who she left over a year ago, with two children. The only reason they did not divorce is because she used the money for the retainer that her wealthy single mother(an attorney)gave to her and spent it all on other things. I met her a few years ago and at this time, she told me that when she was a kid her father faked his own death. He was gay and did not want the family he already made. Believing he was dead, her mother became a single mother and they were all given his life insurance money. Because her mother wanted more in life she became an attorney and was often too busy to give her daughters the attention they needed. And later in high school they recieved a letter asking for the life insurance money back because the father was not dead. This is how they discovered that he faked his death and really had moved away and adopted two Korean kids with another man. This lead her to daddy issues, and by 17 she became an alcoholic, by 24 she went to rehab and pledged sobriety, and because her clock was ticking she wanted a baby.

She then began to only date men that were at least 15 years older than she was(daddy issues) and she met one man in his forties at a pool hall and admits to purposely trapping this man with a baby so that he would marry her, and he did. They went on to have two kids, but she later discovered that he was a horrible man and started to hate her marriage. To distract herself, she became a nanny which allowed her to stay home with her boys while she watched other kids. She spent the first few years completely devoted to her boys. Then this was no longer enough and she became obsessed with Legos-to the point where she began going to Lego conventions. Then a few years later when this was not enough she became obsessed with tattoos. She then began getting tattoos as often as she could to cover all her imperfections(she got her boobs tatted to cover a thin scar, and her c-section scar tatted too lol). In a period of 4 months she got her thighs, stomach, boobs, and her entire back covered in tattoos--all of this was funded by her mom, and then her mom said no more! But the writing was on the wall when she began taking pole dancing classes, and talking about sex and d*** a lot, and how hot she was, because that is when she no longer wanted to be married. Soon, she lost interest in nannying, tattoos, Legos, and began to loathe her boys too and felt so miserable in her marriage and her life that everyone noted that she seemed vacant...

She began going to parties a lot with the man that tatted her and met another man at the pool hool that she had an affair with. She later became friends with a woman who also had two children, who was going through a divorce with a bipolar man that had driven this woman so crazy with his instability that she developed a stress disorder that caused her to have to s*** several times per day--making it that she could not even work anymore because it was uncontrollable. So this acquaintance took her two boys, left her husband and moved in with this newly divorced woman. And at first this was great. They had an arrangement where the disabled mom watched all the kids while she commuted several hours away to a job she got selling bricks. Then she found out that her mother was sleeping with a married man, which caused her to then get into a relationship with a married cop. All of this led to her never spending time with her two son anymore at all. the boys then became terrors m. To make matters worse all was well until the disabled woman became very depressed and starting drinking and smoking all day long while she watched the kids. Her kids then began cursing a lot, getting in trouble at school, and she recieved several warnings about the number of times her boys were truant.

She realized that this was not a healthy environment for her boys, and after she was fired from her hog because she made too many mistakes she decided she needed to dump the cop, get her own place, and start afresh.

Since then, within the last year, she has gotten two other jobs-all of which she's gotten fired from for making too many mistakes. At her last job she met a man who is 25, who worked with her as a car salesman and despite all the hot mess that I just mentioned and her two children this man dated her and now they are in love. She brought this man around her kids within the first month and they love him too.

All of this to say that there are single young men that date moms and sometimes these moms are hot messes... Even more so than the op.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Dang! The YMCA here is income based and even falling in the top tier of their income chart, I only paid $39/month. Which is what I'm now paying for 24 Hr. Fitness which has child care. I don't remember if the YMCA did or not as it wasn't relevant to me. I only know 24 Hr does because I pass it on the way to the locker room.
Everything is more expensive in the northeast..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships