Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 01:05 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Do you just want to [snip] a stream of women? Probably the manosphere.

Do you want a relationship possibly leading to marriage? They're probably equally bad though if you're down with manipulating a woman until she's an emotional and psychological wreck and then moving on if she just collapses as a human being instead of conforming to your desires then the manosphere is probably better as well.
In all fairness, though, I doubt much of the manosphere actually is exposed to enough relatively high quality women that weren't already a wreck. Most women I know wouldn't give that mess the time of day, but I really try to keep good company.

I believe one of their idols is Tom Leykis. He of four marriages and, naturally, four divorces. Birds of a feather...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-02-2016 at 05:45 PM..

Old 04-02-2016, 09:48 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
That depends - do you like women?

Old 04-02-2016, 09:52 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
The best source of dating information is from those you know in your personal who have proven track record of accomplishing what you want to accomplish with the sex that you are attracted to.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:03 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Talk to successful men and women in person. Don't you guys have uncles, coaches, former babysitters or older siblings?
But what if a successful person you know put his wisdom into writing? It's now automatically evil and gross because it's on the internet?

The thing about the term "manosphere" today is that it's an all encompassing term for a various number of vastly different groups. PUAs, the red pill, MGTOW, MRAs and to some extent, even just plain old advice blogs for men.

At the end of the day there's a lot of good in there and a lot of toxic thought as well.

I think one of biggest gripes that is rather unspoken is that it can potentially allow a man with lesser status to appear better than he is. I feel that women want a man to be in his place. Meaning if you're a 6, with all things considered, and after reading in the manosphere you project yourself as an 8, women who are getting with this "8" are more or less being tricked and it makes the internet furious that it works. Women want a man who is naturally attractive, not someone who had to learn it.

But at the end of the day, it just seems that any man seeking sexual strategy advice is frowned upon, whether he's looking in the manosphere or not.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
But what if a successful person you know put his wisdom into writing? It's now automatically evil and gross because it's on the internet?

The thing about the term "manosphere" today is that it's an all encompassing term for a various number of vastly different groups. PUAs, the red pill, MGTOW, MRAs and to some extent, even just plain old advice blogs for men.

At the end of the day there's a lot of good in there and a lot of toxic thought as well.

I think one of biggest gripes that is rather unspoken is that it can potentially allow a man with lesser status to appear better than he is. I feel that women want a man to be in his place. Meaning if you're a 6, with all things considered, and after reading in the manosphere you project yourself as an 8, women who are getting with this "8" are more or less being tricked and it makes the internet furious that it works. Women want a man who is naturally attractive, not someone who had to learn it.

But at the end of the day, it just seems that any man seeking sexual strategy advice is frowned upon, whether he's looking in the manosphere or not.
Totally nailed it. The reason that so many of us women are upset with the manosphere is because when we give people a numerical value based on their appearance, we want to know that they will remain that number forever. I don't want to label some guy a 5 and then later be tricked into thinking he's an 8 and accidentally date him. I don't date 5's. I only date 8's. How did he obtain this 8? Did he off someone with an 8 and steal their 8? Did he straight up just LIE to me about being an 8? Something is definitely not on the up and up. And this is why I don't like the manosphere.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Totally nailed it. The reason that so many of us women are upset with the manosphere is because when we give people a numerical value based on their appearance, we want to know that they will remain that number forever. I don't want to label some guy a 5 and then later be tricked into thinking he's an 8 and accidentally date him. I don't date 5's. I only date 8's. How did he obtain this 8? Did he off someone with an 8 and steal their 8? Did he straight up just LIE to me about being an 8? Something is definitely not on the up and up. And this is why I don't like the manosphere.
I knew someone would whine about the numerical scale. I almost put a disclaimer in there.

But you're being disingenuous. You know exactly what I was getting at. It doesn't just denote physical appearance, but overall attractiveness.

If a guy more or less can fake a higher level of attractiveness, it makes people upset.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I knew someone would whine about the numerical scale. I almost put a disclaimer in there.

But you're being disingenuous. You know exactly what I was getting at. It doesn't just denote physical appearance, but overall attractiveness.

If a guy more or less can fake a higher level of attractiveness, it makes people upset.
Totally nailed it again. I get really upset when people fake a higher level of attractiveness. Because a level of attractiveness is a set in stone thing. So I get really upset when I find someone attractive who really isn't attractive. I mean - I HATE it when I find that the person that I've been having a great time and that I THOUGHT I was attracted to really isn't attractive at all. It just sucks. And this is why the manosphere is so offensive to women. It has nothing to do with the total lack of respect and sometimes downright hatred towards women that is displayed there. It's really only about being fooled into thinking someone is attractive when they are actually not attractive.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Totally nailed it again. I get really upset when people fake a higher level of attractiveness. Because a level of attractiveness is a set in stone thing. So I get really upset when I find someone attractive who really isn't attractive. I mean - I HATE it when I find that the person that I've been having a great time and that I THOUGHT I was attracted to really isn't attractive at all. It just sucks. And this is why the manosphere is so offensive to women. It has nothing to do with the total lack of respect and sometimes downright hatred towards women that is displayed there. It's really only about being fooled into thinking someone is attractive when they are actually not attractive.
I don't disagree about there being toxic thought in the manosphere.

You will note I said unspoken gripe, not sole reason for disliking, yes?

Old 04-02-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I don't disagree about there being toxic thought in the manosphere.

You will note I said unspoken gripe, not sole reason for disliking, yes?
Totally! Like I keep saying - we women hate it when we find out that a person we are attracted to isn't attractive! Out of curiosity - how does that happen? I mean -it's happened to me many times - I just can't remember how I actually found out that the person that I was attracted to wasn't really attractive...

Old 04-02-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Totally! Like I keep saying - we women hate it when we find out that a person we are attracted to isn't attractive! Out of curiosity - how does that happen? I mean -it's happened to me many times - I just can't remember how I actually found out that the person that I was attracted to wasn't really attractive...
Charisma, confidence, personality can all be faked. Looks aren't the only thing that make men attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships