Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 11:41 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
But at the end of the day, it just seems that any man seeking sexual strategy advice is frowned upon, whether he's looking in the manosphere or not.
There's merit to the sentiment that you express. I don't think that women like to acknowledge that men need help to get what they want and need from women.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:42 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
There's merit to the sentiment that you express. I don't think that women like to acknowledge that men need help to get what they want and need from women.
Thank you. I appreciate non sarcastic engagement in what I felt was a sound and reasonable post.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:15 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
Thank you. I appreciate non sarcastic engagement in what I felt was a sound and reasonable post.
Most of your commentary has been fairly on-point. I have not found anything disagreeable.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:37 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
It's a good place to start.

The best you can do is get out there and test things for yourself. There will be somethings you agree with and some that you don't. It will certainly open your eyes up to a few things, but that all depends on you.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Well, of course the person putting down women thinks that their post was sound and reasonable!

Old 04-02-2016, 12:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Most of your commentary has been fairly on-point. I have not found anything disagreeable.
Well, duh! It's like a page from the Glen Gulia handbook!

Old 04-02-2016, 01:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Oh meh, I don't care what guys read as far as all these little "tricks" to get women, as long as you're not hurting anybody it's not my business. I might be more worried if it worked well and women left, right and center were getting duped by liars and so on but MOST guys I know have never needed to try these games (and yes, we can tell, LOL) to the extent of PUA and so on and let's face facts, if the average very unsuccessful shmo were having success then PUA types wouldn't be so universally defensive, nasty and half-hysterical to "prove" themselves right. In general, guys who are getting laid simply aren't this stressed out, LOL. (Sorry, but we all know it's true!) They're satisfied and having a good time and enjoying women and enjoying their dates, they have no need to prove anything to anyone and they sure aren't defensive about dating! Indeed, they love it.

This all tells me that it's surely no threat to womankind, won't change an actually good guy into a monster or anything (from my observation it's the other way around, it's the guys who already were angry, disrespectful, unattractive in various ways and so on who gravitate toward PUA or whatever), so who cares? Some women still read Cosmo, there will always be that faction that wants to believe there's some magic code. Have at it. This may not be a seamless analogy but I read some utter trash at times, even as literary as I am. It's for fun, it's the McDonald's of the book world v. a steak. Really no big deal and trust me, none of this stuff is going to change the world.

Most guys grow out of the "I just have to push X buttons and I'll get a girl" thing anyway once they see how relationships actually work so it's likely that the vast majority of PUA "following" is temporary. Not every boy grows into a man but IME most do, that's the way the world works. And perhaps ironically for them, it's that maturity that actually seems manly, not all the tricks. Defiinitely I feel most guys get this eventually and as for the stragglers...well, they make their own decisions, it is what it is.

Last edited by JerZ; 04-02-2016 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Apostrophe...autocorrect

Old 04-02-2016, 02:52 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Just as I object to feminism's being equated with manhating, I don't want to assume the manosphere is all anti-woman or even a monolithic community. It can be nice to commiserate about real events with people who have been through similar experiences, without having to fend off the defensiveness of the uninvolved. It's nice to feel validated and not alone in your frustration or challenges. Some communities will be more insular and mistrustful, that's all. I don't object to guys discussing dating woes or giving each other advice--why would I? Some of it is poisonous and unhelpful, in my opinion, but it's up to the readers to decide.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, of course the person putting down women thinks that their post was sound and reasonable!
Please elaborate how I put women down. I dare say that women, people, can be manipulated and tricked? Alert the press.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:06 PM

I'm curious. Do you all think of the books "No More Mister Nice Guy" and "When I Say No I Feel Guilty" when you think manosphere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships