Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 03:03 AM

29 posts, read 17,869 times

Advertisements

I don't get it. Besides religious beliefs, why should this be deemed wrong by a reasonable amount of society?

In my case I do not mistreat any of these girls through either physical or mental abuse.

Some of them, were upset when I didn't want anything more to do with them. Very much a temporary upset feeling that doesn't linger.

So wheres the harm here?

Old 03-22-2016, 03:12 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWluver25 View Post
I don't get it. Besides religious beliefs, why should this be deemed wrong by a reasonable amount of society?

In my case I do not mistreat any of these girls through either physical or mental abuse.

Some of them, were upset when I didn't want anything more to do with them. Very much a temporary upset feeling that doesn't linger.

So wheres the harm here?
The harm is when you're dishonest about your intentions, which you clearly have been. If these women had known from the start that you just wanted sex from them, they would either have opted out or opted in & not have hurt feelings.

It might be a temporary upset for you, but it's not for the other person. I don't think anyone cares how many people you sleep with as long as both parties are clear on expectations going in.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
The harm is when you're dishonest about your intentions, which you clearly have been. If these women had known from the start that you just wanted sex from them, they would either have opted out or opted in & not have hurt feelings.

It might be a temporary upset for you, but it's not for the other person. I don't think anyone cares how many people you sleep with as long as both parties are clear on expectations going in.

I understand what your saying.

But its not as black and white as that.

Some of these relationships I didn't go in thinking "I'll use her for sex then leave".
I didn't go in with any set plan or knowing what exactly I wanted. They worked out how they did largely due to my lifestyle which is not really suitable to a long term relationship.

Also, if I had said to many of them from the beginning. "I'm only after some fun" or a casual relationship I'm guessing 90% of them would have rejected me.
And thus I/we would have been denied some of the enjoyable experiences I/we had/shared.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:50 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,932,795 times
All the girls I loved before, who went in and out my door , I loved them all, simple as that. I am a romantic at heart, each and everyone of my loves, no matter how long the relationship I do not regret. I learned, they learned, all apart of life experience . ( yes however I would almost leave out the few pay for sex encounters, there was no love, only experience , that means something too )

No truer words have ever been said , it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. At seventy four I could not take too heart these words too lightly..........I loved em all, there were many.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
All the girls I loved before, who went in and out my door , I loved them all, simple as that. I am a romantic at heart, each and everyone of my loves, no matter how long the relationship I do not regret. I learned, they learned, all apart of life experience . ( yes however I would almost leave out the few pay for sex encounters, there was no love, only experience , that means something too )

No truer words have ever been said , it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. At seventy four I could not take too heart these words too lightly..........I loved em all, there were many.
Thats a cool post. I'm 25. Have a great day!!!

Old 03-22-2016, 04:06 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwluver25 View Post
i don't get it. Besides religious beliefs, why should this be deemed wrong by a reasonable amount of society?

In my case i do not mistreat any of these girls through either physical or mental abuse.

Some of them, were upset when i didn't want anything more to do with them. Very much a temporary upset feeling that doesn't linger.

So wheres the harm here?

hpv?

Old 03-22-2016, 04:19 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,089,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWluver25 View Post
I understand what your saying.

But its not as black and white as that.

Some of these relationships I didn't go in thinking "I'll use her for sex then leave".
I didn't go in with any set plan or knowing what exactly I wanted. They worked out how they did largely due to my lifestyle which is not really suitable to a long term relationship.

Also, if I had said to many of them from the beginning. "I'm only after some fun" or a casual relationship I'm guessing 90% of them would have rejected me.
And thus I/we would have been denied some of the enjoyable experiences I/we had/shared.
I'm kind of wondering if this question is some kind of joke.

If you were completely honest with these women, if you told them that your lifestyle was not really conducive to a long-term relationship, and you didn't know where things would go (you hadn't thought that far ahead) then it sounds like a lot of them would have rejected you. Am I correct?

So, did you tell them that, very clearly?

If you didn't, you were in the wrong. If you left out any information that you knew was likely to cause them to decide to reject you, you did something hurtful and selfish.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:34 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,932,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
I'm kind of wondering if this question is some kind of joke.

If you were completely honest with these women, if you told them that your lifestyle was not really conducive to a long-term relationship, and you didn't know where things would go (you hadn't thought that far ahead) then it sounds like a lot of them would have rejected you. Am I correct?

So, did you tell them that, very clearly?

If you didn't, you were in the wrong. If you left out any information that you knew was likely to cause them to decide to reject you, you did something hurtful and selfish.
So, so one sided you speek......if I were a woman in an encounter where the guy laied it all out before hand, like a contract that could never be written, I would be looking for the door in a New York min.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:43 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Your overall attitude makes your behavior distasteful simply because you have a good idea that you are not going to be involved long term yet you don't want to be honest and tell the females you are contemplating being with.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Your overall attitude makes your behavior distasteful simply because you have a good idea that you are not going to be involved long term yet you don't want to be honest and tell the females you are contemplating being with.
Fair call and thank you.

Another good post in this thread.

Asks yourselves this though, with all the hurtful things that can happen in relationships. Where does this rank on the scale?

I would say way behind many other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships