Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 10:10 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,736,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
When did women start blurring disinterest with intimidation? I guess this is an offshoot from that "Real men like curves, only dogs like bones" garbage that feminists tried to guilt trip men into.

When will they learn that they aren't going to change a man's interests?
Got me on that one. the only thing I've learned over the years is no means no. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 10:13 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maia_voss View Post
Yesterday i visited the guy I've been talking to at work. He works in a coffee shop and I ordered an iced coffee but condiment bar ran out of half and half. I went back to the bar and ask him for half and half when he was getting it out of the fridge he dropped the whole thing. He fidgety grabbed me another half and half and he told me I make him nervous. Is he intimidated by me? Does that lower my chances of me becoming his girlfriend? PS I've been told that I can be very intimidating especially if they don't really know me and my personality.
How the hell was that intimidating? LOL.

If he's intimidated by that I'd look elsewhere if I were you

Old 03-28-2016, 03:35 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,867,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maia_voss View Post
Yesterday i visited the guy I've been talking to at work. He works in a coffee shop and I ordered an iced coffee but condiment bar ran out of half and half. I went back to the bar and ask him for half and half when he was getting it out of the fridge he dropped the whole thing. He fidgety grabbed me another half and half and he told me I make him nervous. Is he intimidated by me? Does that lower my chances of me becoming his girlfriend? PS I've been told that I can be very intimidating especially if they don't really know me and my personality.
It could be that being watched makes him nervous.

It could be that he likes you and acts like a goof when he is around women he likes.

It could be that he is timid and is easily spooked.

It could be that you come off like a sinister ice queen.

As someone who is often mistaken for being miserable when I don't intend to be. I have the male version of the "Resting B---h Face".

Old 03-28-2016, 07:47 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
You must be hard to read.

I hope you didn't laugh when he dropped the cream.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:52 AM

1,185 posts, read 803,879 times
You're my female version. I think it's by the tone and general reputation and body language. I didn't notice it until people tell me that I am intimidating by reputation but those who know me always know me as the nice and well spoken guy and a jokester at times.

What do you think makes you intimidating? People tell you that you are because ?

Old 03-28-2016, 08:00 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,344,831 times
I don't think confidence intimidates people?

Old 03-28-2016, 08:48 AM

477 posts, read 314,484 times
OP I think you are definitely putting the cart before the horse here. I mean you have been crushing on this guys for months yet have made no attempts actually tell him that you would like to date him, nor have you given him your phone number to see if I he would ever call you. And, you haven't even been on a date with him yet. Virtually everything about this guy as it relates to you personally is going on IN YOUR HEAD. It's good to be confident! Now, apply this confidence into either asking this guy out or giving him your number so he can call you if he wants to. But for now, there is no dating relationship nor a relationship of any kind outside of you being a repeat customer and he being an employee whom you have a crush on. IMO you should stop trying to read so much into a person whom you like but have not even asked out yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships