Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 01:02 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,328,356 times

Advertisements

They are tearing you down because of insecurities. Those that are comfortable with where they are have no need to judge others or tear others down. You can not change people, you also don't have to jump off your pedestal to get to their level. Either you and your husband love each other or you don't. Nothing anyone else says is going to change that. Be yourself, life is too short to try and be someone else. While it is proper to dress accordingly for a specific occasion, you stated that you and the other ladies were out having fun and it did not sound as if you were in a company function.

Guys may not get this, and it took me a while to understand this, women don't dress to impress men, women dress to impress other women. My wife could have worn the most smoking hot dress last night, but if we are going somewhere else tonight, she has to wear something else. Guys don't understand that so much. If I have a cool shirt that I like, I could care less if someone saw me in it last week. I say if it worked for me last week it will work for me today. Not so with women. I would love it if my wife wore some of her outfits over and over again, but she won't do it. Its like breaking the girl code or something.

Another point, never grow old. Forget about turning any age over your current age. What I am saying is you don't have to change how you are because you are now 30, 40, or 50. Be yourself. I am 50 and I am not going to give up my toys. I still play in the water and have to have my toys. I still ride skate boards. I love to ride my bike. Always have fun. Those that have forgotten that grow old too fast. Be accepting of new things, they will keep you young. Facebook used to be for the 20 and under set. Then Instagram, now SnapChat and on to other Social Media that those mean women have never heard of yet. Stay with what is young and new in life.

Last point is to love your husband. Always stay close to him. Remind him who you are, that you are a unique individual that he fell in love with. Remind him why he fell in love with you. Let him know that you plan on being there for him and only him, but you expect the same back from him. Support each other, love each other, stay young as you grow old together.

As far as if you are a trophy wife, all women are trophy wives and us men need to realize that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 01:18 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,020,291 times
These women sound dreadful. I wouldn't recommend blowing up at strangers who are your husband's colleagues because it could have negative ramifications for your husband's career, but it seems that these people brought your reaction on themselves. I can't think what they hoped to gain by insulting a coworker's wife, either.

As far as your education and career are concerned, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You are working toward being a teacher, and we need all the good teachers we can get. Those who don't respect the profession are part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships