Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 09:06 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
I accept that it's what you mean when you say it.

And, what I hear when someone says that is that there is something inherently wrong with those like myself, who don't believe that there is some sort of "universal drive" in the human species..
Agreed. Saying something is unnatural so casual can be offensive, as if something is wrong with someone that live the lifestyle. I would wager if someone were to come on the forum and saying being gay is unnatural and people are just influenced to think otherwise, tons of posters would be offended and up in arms about it, then it would lead to personal attacks, and possible religion bashing.

Monogamy is not for everyone. But that doesn't make in unnatural. Some animals mate for life. So it's apparently not something that man just made up recent years. Some people want monogamy in relationships, and some don't. But arguing it's not natural seems off. You can say "I don't believe in it" or "I don't care for it." Because, that's really all it boils down to. Some don't care for it, and find it needlessly difficult and limiting.

Last edited by HappyRain; 03-25-2016 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 09:10 AM

426 posts, read 370,870 times
Depends

Cheating happens when something is wrong in the relationship.
Anyone is capable of cheating on their partner, but at the end of the day you make that decision to be faithful or not.
That's why its important to find someone you are compatible with in the first place and who you find really attractive.
If your partner is not meeting your needs, then things like this can clearly lead to problems like that in the first place.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:18 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Agreed. Saying something is unnatural so casual can be offensive, as if something is wrong with someone that lives the lifestyle. I would wager if someone were to come on the forum and saying being gay is unnatural and people are just influenced to think otherwise, tons of posters would be offended and up in arms about, then it would lead to personal attacks, and possible religion bashing, since some feel only, and all, Christians hate and dehumanize gay people.

Monogamy is not for everyone. But that doesn't make in unnatural. Some animals mate for life. So it's apparently not something that man just made up recent years. Some people want monogamy. in relationships Some don't.
I agree with this.

Whenever I liked someone, my eyes didn't wander at all even when I tried to get over the current guy I liked. It would stay like that for a LONG time as well. I know being in an actual relationship is different but I am more than certain there are people like that in relationships as well.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:31 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post

Monogamy is not for everyone. But that doesn't make in unnatural. Some animals mate for life. So it's apparently not something that man just made up recent years. Some people want monogamy in relationships, and some don't. But arguing it's not natural seems off. You can say "I don't believe in it" or "I don't care for it." Because, that's really all it boils down to. Some don't care for it, and find it needlessly difficult and limiting.
Exactly.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:34 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Non-monogamy and being a hurtful, lying scumbag are unrelated. If a person chooses to promise a committed relationship with someone you claim to love, you don't sneak and lie. If you can't BE monogamous, don't promise to be.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:46 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
Lifelong monogamy in mammals is pretty rare, so I don't think it's much of stretch to conclude the same about humans, especially considering how common infidelity is. That's not to say that monogamy is "unnatural", but rather it's not the default. It's a conscious choice we make to stay loyal to our partners, in spite of temptation.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:10 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forenzavue View Post
Just my honest opinion. Very rarely is a relationship unscathed as far as no cheating going on.
If that is what you see all around you, I suggest you find a social set that is a bit less scummy.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:36 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
If that is what you see all around you, I suggest you find a social set that is a bit less scummy.
What's odd about this thread is the OP is engaged.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:38 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,925 times
I don't agree with the OP. I will say this, though. The vast majority of people who cheat at one point would have claimed they never will. Some people enter committed relationships as a scam, either because they think they should or because they want some of the benefits, but they never seriously intend to stay faithful. I think those people are rare.

Most people who cheat are in the camp that decried that behavior at some point, but couldn't live up to their convictions.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:40 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,068 times
I wonder if the OP just cheated last night and wants to justify it LOL.

If you aren't married, technically it's not cheating though, by definition at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships