Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 04:40 PM

5 posts, read 3,575 times

Advertisements

Went on a date last night with this girl. We went to a hockey game. While at the game she mentioned that she had a migraine. I asked if she was ok and she said yes. Well it got loud at the game and I could tell she was affected by it. I said "if you want to leave we can go", but she toughed it out.

We had planned to go out to dinner and drinks after but she asked if we could just go back to my place and have pizza. I said sure (who doesn't like pizza?)

She ate a few slices but said she had to go because she was just not feeling good. She ended up getting sick at my place. I said she could stay over but she said she didnt feel comfortable

Today she texted me saying "hey sorry about lats night , i feel really really bad"

I said " hey no problem, I had a fun time with you" She texted back saying "I'd like to do it over again"

I said "well me to, and if you have a migraine we can just skip the loud hockey game lol"

She texted back "i really really am sorry"

I said "It's fine. I'm not mad, I had a good night still"

Was my "if you have a migraine we can skip the hockey game" part rude?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 04:48 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
WTH! You're joking, right?

smh, Lol

Old 04-11-2016, 05:04 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
I can see how you intended it to be a joke. Is she still communicating with you? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. Next time you see her, tell her you were kidding, and you feel bad about taking her to a hockey game when she had a migraine.

And yeah--migraines can upset your stomach and make you sick. Pizza probably wasn't the best idea, but you had no way of knowing that. Anyway, make sure she knows there's no hard feelings and you'd like to try again. Maybe something quieter, like a walk to the park or beach, and lunch or dinner.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:28 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,848,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchupdog View Post
Today she texted me saying "hey sorry about lats night , i feel really really bad"
Lats night is tough on all of us broski. Gotta get them GAINZ Brotein Shake.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:59 PM

5 posts, read 3,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
WTH! You're joking, right?

smh, Lol

hey you never know

Old 04-11-2016, 06:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Aww. No, if someone had said something like that to me I'd have understood that it was a joke. That wasn't rude, you were just trying to get her to smile.

I suffer from migraines so I can relate, BTW. I am lucky - I don't get physically sick (throwing up) from them. But great Caesar's ghost are they painful.

What you said was cute and lighthearted and you sure took her sudden illness like a champ - I am certain she wants to go out with you again.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:04 PM

454 posts, read 311,186 times
I think you are overthinking it. She had a migraine. I wouldn't overthink it.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:26 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
You're fine.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:29 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,775 times
You're fine man. Don't even think twice about this and do not apologize if you feel the need to. Just keep going.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:40 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Aww. No, if someone had said something like that to me I'd have understood that it was a joke. That wasn't rude, you were just trying to get her to smile.

I suffer from migraines so I can relate, BTW. I am lucky - I don't get physically sick (throwing up) from them. But great Caesar's ghost are they painful.

What you said was cute and lighthearted and you sure took her sudden illness like a champ - I am certain she wants to go out with you again.
Jerzz, one word: immitrex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships