Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 01:17 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,171,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Dancer View Post
Do men aged 42 see women aged 22 as *serious* dating material? By serious I mean, considering long-term and marriage (not just for fun)?

And do things change any if the man is specifically a dominant who wants a submissive (for lifestyle, not just in the bedroom), rather than wanting a "normal" relationship? Is he going to only be in it for the enjoyment of it, or will he take her seriously as a prospect?

I know it will vary man to man, but how can you tell?
Young women are definitely the last thing an older man would ever want. Absolutely the very last thing.

Seriously though for your second question it depends on how much he wants that lifestyle. I imagine everyone makes some sort of relationship compromises because they think being with their partner is worth what they are giving up. Get to know each other for a bit before putting that one to the question, but he is the only one who can give you his answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 01:30 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
It really depends on the man.

The easiest way to tell how serious someone is in this respect to to observe their lifestyle and how they go about life.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:28 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times
Quote:
Do men aged 42 see women aged 22 as *serious* dating material? By serious I mean, considering long-term and marriage (not just for fun)?

And do things change any if the man is specifically a dominant who wants a submissive (for lifestyle, not just in the bedroom), rather than wanting a "normal" relationship? Is he going to only be in it for the enjoyment of it, or will he take her seriously as a prospect?

Everyone clicks differently. I'm just wondering how you come to the conclusion that two legal adults dating can't be normal? Don't people who are "age appropriate" have similar relationship dynamics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
Do 40 year old women take 20 year old men seriously?
Evidently, some do. Granted, "seriously" can be taken in any manner of ways, but who am I to knock a 40-something for having an age range of 21-50 for a criteria on an OLD profile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Young women are definitely the last thing an older man would ever want. Absolutely the very last thing.
I don't know about that. I'm only 36, so not "older" on the grand scale, but "age is but a number" was the idea when I was growing up in the mid-90s and I'll go with that, since it was such a great time to be alive. Most guys will take whatever attention that can get, for better or worse. Or is this one of those thinly veiled bouts of misogyny where barely legal women are bimbos who don't know anything despite being exposed to way more than any of us were as teens? No surprise, I hear that kind of stuff from women exclusively, when it comes to their comments about those kinds of relationships.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:35 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,171,306 times
It's called sarcasm. I am sort of surprised the topic creator even asked. There aren't many reasons a single fortysomething guy wouldn't want a relationship with a woman in her twenties all things being equal.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:26 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,415 times
This thread feels like 50 Shades of Grey...

Old 03-27-2016, 02:45 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
This thread feels like 50 Shades of Grey...
Second that.

And as a 42 year old, the answer is still no.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:47 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,041 times
Quote:
Do men aged 42 see women aged 22 as *serious* dating material? By serious I mean, considering long-term and marriage (not just for fun)?.
Yes, many do, but its going to take patience and work. Most women that age, if they have never been in a serious relationship before, don't really know their place (i.e. how to do much more than look cute and giggle). They have no idea how to serve a man. Aside from a kitten or puppy, they have never nurtured anyone in their life, and don't really understand their role in the male-female dynamic. If they enjoy mouthing off, rather than letting the man handle any problems, they can get the guys butt kicked and/or take themselves and the guy to jail.

Quote:
And do things change any if the man is specifically a dominant who wants a submissive (for lifestyle, not just in the bedroom), rather than wanting a "normal" relationship? Is he going to only be in it for the enjoyment of it, or will he take her seriously as a prospect?)
Here's a learning point for the young female - most men want to appear the dominant one publicly, even if they really aren't in the home. She can rule the roost if she needs to privately - sort of like when your Mom used to say, "just wait until I get you home." She needs to know to quietly wait until they are both home to rip him a new one, lol. He will be at her mercy.

Theoretically speaking, she will probably not be as experienced as the 42 year old in the bedroom. He will have to teach her what he wants. He will need some skills himself to keep her attention long enough for her to learn something. If he wants her to be submissive literally everywhere, and that is not her general personality, then she isn't happy, and eventually she will leave.

Quote:
Seriously? Unless he is Donald Trump, Michael Bloomberg, Richard Branson, or some other guy that can just buy anything he wants, she can tell by him still putting up with her. She can tell by him still trying to be in a relationship with her.

As with someone her own age, she can tell by the things he does to show he genuinely cares about her - doing and saying things that show concern for her well being and safety. Concern for her happiness. Being jealous of any man that looks at her. Stuff like that.

She can be on their level intellectually, and even more mature than they are - but they have one thing on her that she doesn't have yet (in theory) and that's 20 odd years of lifetime experience.

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 03-27-2016 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: consistency and clarity

Old 03-27-2016, 05:10 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
I can't speak for others, for me, absolutely not. I've been approached by some early 30s women and its tough enough there. In their 20s people are still children, so I can't take it seriously. Not that it happens.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:29 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,335,670 times
Men love young naive and submissive women it makes them feel powerful and masculine.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:51 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times
Do men take women seriously in general? I still hear women in their 40s getting called a "girl"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships