Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 11:21 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
What can't confident, brash and fun man be nice as well?
They can. And do. And they wind up in lasting relationships. Brash, fun jerks get a relationship then lose it when the woman finds out the jerk part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 11:25 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
There are a bunch of men who come to this forum and whine about their inability to get dates, get laid, or sustain a relationship. A lot of them would probably be deemed as nice guys.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:26 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
They can. And do. And they wind up in lasting relationships. Brash, fun jerks get a relationship then lose it when the woman finds out the jerk part.
Someone that's confident and brash doesn't have to be a jerk. I've always taken brash as confidence more often than not and there's not much wrong with that IMO.

( again that's my understanding of brash I'm not sure if it has a different meaning across the pond? )

Old 03-27-2016, 11:26 AM

32 posts, read 27,857 times
Quote:
This is interesting. So rather than learn so you can be happy, you will bide your time so you can get revenge in a few decades? Pathetic. Did you read the article? Or thread?
Why do you care what I do? I know you want nice guys to stay chumps so we'll be around in ten years as your backup option. No thanks. Live your life. I'll live mine.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Nice guys finish last. Your duty as a man is to be a confident, brash, fun man who women clamor for.
Brash? Really? You kind of remind me of the boyfriend in The Wedding Singer. Is that the kind of guy you identify with?

Old 03-27-2016, 11:29 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,887,329 times
Quote:
I guess I am asking the guys who whine about not getting women and being a nice guy, does this resonate at all? Just not being a bunch of bad stuff is not very compelling? That the LCD is YOU. I mean not you, but said whiner. Or for women, does this resonate with you when someone complains about their inability to get a mate?
I agree with the article 100%...'nice' guys have to step up a bit if they want to get noticed. I date a lot of introverts who think that showing up and agreeing with everything a woman says or wants to do is enough. It isn't. You have to act like you WANT to be with her.

But I also have to say, in all my whole dating life, I've never had a live person discuss this 'nice guys' phenomenon with me or in my presence. I've never rejected a 'nice guy' in favor of a bad boy. I'd rather be alone. I guess I hang around a lot of nice people.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:32 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareed View Post
Why do you care what I do? I know you want nice guys to stay chumps so we'll be around in ten years as your backup option. No thanks. Live your life. I'll live mine.
Are you on the wind up or something? When did she imply that? LOL

You seem quite sensitive on the given subject what's wrong mate?........... Now don't worry I'm not interfering or interested in your life but I will sit here and keep on laughing if you don't mind......

Old 03-27-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Someone that's confident and brash doesn't have to be a jerk. I've always taken brash as confidence more often than not and there's not much wrong with that IMO.

( again that's my understanding of brash I'm not sure if it has a different meaning across the pond? )
I don't even see why fun would be considered opposite of nice. My husband is fun. Family walks with the dogs instead of watching tv. Vacations. Playing games. Joking. He sings me love songs. My husband is nice. He listens to me. He cooked me a lovely dinner the other night. He does things I ask. He does random nice things for me. He holds and comforts me when I am upset...

Old 03-27-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I agree with the article 100%...'nice' guys have to step up a bit if they want to get noticed. I date a lot of introverts who think that showing up and agreeing with everything a woman says or wants to do is enough. It isn't. You have to act like you WANT to be with her.

But I also have to say, in all my whole dating life, I've never had a live person discuss this 'nice guys' phenomenon with me or in my presence. I've never rejected a 'nice guy' in favor of a bad boy. I'd rather be alone. I guess I hang around a lot of nice people.
I think the "bad boy" thing is largely young women who don't know any better. Then they learn. Or of course, some of them don't learn either and wonder that they wind up "unlucky" in love.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:36 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareed View Post
The only one you are hurting is yourself. Hopefully you will realize that before it's too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships