Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:29 AM

28,863 posts, read 30,122,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
What.. Ask yourself how would this person know what a therapist opinion was on a private matter? How did she get that info, from the women who is her friend or did the therapist break the law and disclose private info? Your right you all seem to be some jaded men hating women... its always the mans fault. You want equal rights, but cry foul when you have them. Men don't have feelings, we're supposed to just take womens abuse and man up. Women can and are some of the most evil and vile creatures on this planet. You expect everything your way, and when a man does not jump though your hoops, you play head games, or cheat, or start a fight, and some of you even hit men, thinking he cant hit me back, I'm a girl. And when your picking yourself up off the floor, want to scream abuse. Get over yourselves already. You cant be equal and still have the perks of being a women.

Now I am sure most of you will call me a jerk or worse.. I understand you all have your baggage, but to jump out and make claims on a man you have never met, don't know, and only have the slightest idea of one 3rd persons perspective is, one I bet is formed because the man is taking more time for his relationship than she like and wants her friend back, so she moans about it on some forum.. knowing the femanazi types will agree he is the DEBIL and call him everything from a immature jerk to a wife beater. just ludicrous.
I don't hate men, in the least...there are lousy women out there to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Relationships aren't what one jumps in and out of, those are more commonly known as one night stands. A relationship is generally defined as a monogamous pairing, with the intent to stay paired. It doesn't actually matter how long it lasts or doesn't last, what matters is the intent. It's entirely possible to intend to remain with a particular person the rest of one's life, and suddenly find oneself running like a scalded cat to the nearest shelter and a divorce lawyer. Unfortunately, by the time it gets to that point, the victimized spouse has usually been brain-washed into thinking it's all their fault, and has been cut off from all friends and family that might help.

I met a woman a few years ago who'd caught her husband getting it on with their 14 year old baby sitter. She wasn't the kind to put up with that and threw him out, and went outside to tell him not to come back. Big mistake. He drove over her with his truck and broke her back, and said later if she'd just let him alone things would have been fine. As soon as she got out of the hospital and finished with physical therapy, she packed up the kids and moved across the country. That wasn't exactly a relationship she just jumped out of, it was initially intended to last until death did them part. He just tried to hurry it along. And I don't think the problem was hers, either.
Jumping in and out of relationships mean, a man or woman, who breaks up with his first wife/husband, and latches onto someone else right away...then, the relationship goes south, and he/she finds another victim...basically the person cannot stand to be alone, they date to get out of the house...they cannot be happy doing things on their own, or alone. They don't know who they are, are very insecure with a lot of emotional baggage. A relationship to them, is the newnes of it...they only feel good about themselves when in a new relationship, which doesn't last very long.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You're certainly missing creme's point. What she meant was there are people who move from one relationship to another (even if they're monogamous and exclusive) without taking any time to heal and to reflect and/or analyze them; thus, repeating the same mistakes over and over. And yes, they are the people who are afraid to be alone. And they're afraid to be alone because they're haunted by their demons they don't want to deal with and use relationships as Band Aid to take them through life without having to face their own problems and shortcomings.
Thank you...you get reps!
I believe I need to take a writing class?

Old 03-04-2009, 11:09 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,350,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIEIO View Post
Emotional abuse is trying to purposely destroy ones spirit...making demeaning statements, calling names, isolation being extremely jealous of them being around others, which stems from insecurity that they have. I've lived that life with my ex. It breaks a person down...and that's their goal.
What if you dont do it purposely? Like what if what you say is perceived that way by one person?

Old 03-04-2009, 11:11 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,350,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle toes View Post
this guy sounds like a nut job. Perhaps when there is dead silence in the car she should blow a whistle into his ear. Hell, he couldn't say she didn't make a sound.
rotflmao

Old 03-04-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
What if you dont do it purposely? Like what if what you say is perceived that way by one person?
well, whatever reason it's done, if someone you know is doing this, or you are doing it, you need to get some help to correct the problem, b/c regardless if you do it intentionally or not, your destroying someone else's soul. This is very serious...and usually people who do this, don't care, they are so self imposed, they don't have a clue. They are toxic people, emotional vampires who can seriously destroy another life, emotionally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships