Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 10:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,309,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Well Op's view may be different. I think she mentioned it was common to see women her age married or in long-term relationships.

Like if you're single in a small town, and everyone's getting married or having babies out of HS and you're not, then you start feeling like an old-maid at 26, and single.
I was this person through all my twenties. Single, living and working in a small town (my hometown), everyone had married right out of hs, and all my friends were married and had kids. It wasn't for me and I didn't feel like an old maid. I was glad I wasnt married at that age or parenting. It being common where you are from doesn't mean you have to buy into it. Either your sense of self worth is tied up in such things or it isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 09:46 AM

741 posts, read 477,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I was this person through all my twenties. Single, living and working in a small town (my hometown), everyone had married right out of hs, and all my friends were married and had kids. It wasn't for me and I didn't feel like an old maid. I was glad I wasnt married at that age or parenting. It being common where you are from doesn't mean you have to buy into it. Either your sense of self worth is tied up in such things or it isn't.
So when did you meet your husband?

Old 03-31-2016, 02:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,309,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
So when did you meet your husband?
When I was 35. We got married on my 37th birthday. My son was born 6 months ago. I'm 39.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:58 PM

48,353 posts, read 34,476,580 times
No one wants to be the reason or responsible for your happiness. Most healthy people run from that type of neediness.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-14-2016, 04:03 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,476,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
It sounds like you will marry anyone who wants to marry you. Wanting marriage without seemingly caring who you are married to is.....very odd.
The INS would agree. Sounds like our OP here is desperate for a green card.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:31 PM

20,687 posts, read 19,827,213 times
I think she is desperate in being loved by ANYONE, wants to belong to somebody because she doesn't love herself and needs a reason to live for.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:14 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,626,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
The INS would agree. Sounds like our OP here is desperate for a green card.
Oh, no, don't poke the bear!!

Old 04-26-2016, 11:35 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,435,238 times
I didn't read through this whole thread so others may have recounted stories already.

My cousin is married to a "military man." He is Special Ops. In addition to the typical military life of moving around every few years as his orders change, she has mostly raised their 3 children as a single mother. Due to the nature of his work in the military, when he is deployed she usually only knows what country he is being sent to and can go months without hearing from him.

My other cousin is in the Air Force. He's been a communications officer pretty much his entire career so he's a suit rather than a soldier.

My godson is in the Marines. He works on base as a mechanic and looking at his recent FB pics, has already started his beer gut in anticipation of getting out at the end of next month.

Not all in the military just walk around on base looking all hot, sexy and buff.

To answer your question though: my cousin met her husband in school. They were friends for years. He was stationed in NC and she went to visit him one weekend and married him while she was there. My other cousin met both his ex and current wives "at work" as they were/are both AF as well. My godson's wife is the sister of his best friend from high school. They got married ridiculously young so she could live on base with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships