Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 12:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Agreed. Worked on his campaigns in the early 90s. Great guy. Critical for raising issues the corporate mainstream right wing politicians of both parties won't address without him, but he's too much of an idealist for President.
Once again, I agree. It's a bummer.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:52 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Glad to see people show their colors.
yeah...that's kinda what dating is all about too, right?!

Old 03-29-2016, 12:53 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Agreed. Worked on his campaigns in the early 90s. Great guy. Critical for raising issues the corporate mainstream right wing politicians of both parties won't address without him, but he's too much of an idealist for President.
I met him on several occasions when I was kid. When my father went back to college, he took a night job as a janitor at City Hall in Burlington, and I used to tag along because I didn't like being home alone at night. I remember sometimes Bernie would be working late in his office, and he let my brother and I spin in the big chair behind his desk. But, I have to keep reminding myself that (much like socks with sandals) what works for VT just isn't realistic for the nation as a whole. Sigh.

Quote:
Another wow on this being a conservative forum. Lots of wow's today.

I'll take a different tact. I wouldn't date a Teump supporter because I'm in love with a woman who does support trump. Even though we are split, I wouldn't date one while still in love with another.

Date... Lol
LOL, I had to sketch this out on paper first, but it makes perfect sense

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 03-29-2016 at 01:01 PM..

Old 03-29-2016, 12:54 PM

477 posts, read 314,511 times
Timberline, I don't disagree with eliminating the environment that fosters Radical Islamic Terrorism! Our leaders must BOTH wage war against the threat AND address the issue socially.

You are being shortsighted by aligning yourself with those who; draw red lines against regimes but then do nothing when those lines are crossed, withdraw military forces from a region before it is ready to stand on its' own and prevent the emergence of groups like ISIS, refuse to call out the threat by name (ISIS, The Muslim Brotherhood, etc. are all what?), and insist on bringing in people from a region that is known for its' terror attacks despite the terrorists themselves saying that their plan is to infiltrate the US as refugees the same way that they did in France and Brussels.

I'm "afraid" of people who want to kill me because they are Radicalized.

And I would vote for neither but, of the two, Hillary clearly has more of a commanding presence IMO.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:57 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
I love me some Bernie, and believe in his philosophy, what he champions, I just don't know if the state of the country and political climate are ready for what he proposes. Not when a large subset of society is ignorant (regurgitating talking points and propaganda does not count as common sense) on the basis of these policies (or politics in general) and how they can be beneficial. Maybe in a few terms or couple generations we'll be ready for a philosophy that Bernie proposes. I can only hope.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:01 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
Madam (thank you for the courtesy). You are being shortsighted by aligning yourself with those who; draw red lines against regimes but then do nothing when those lines are crossed, withdraw military forces from a region before it is ready to stand on its' own and prevent the emergence of groups like ISIS, refuse to call out the threat by name (ISIS, The Muslim Brotherhood, etc. are all what?), and insist on bringing in people from a region that is known for its' terror attacks despite the terrorists themselves saying that their plan is to infiltrate the US as refugees the same way that they did in France and Brussels.
We created ISIS with or Iraq strategy and policies. We promoted the Muslim brotherhood through our foreign policy (by promoting Mubarak who was a dictator), and they were democratically elected in Egypt (we seem to love democracy here, but hate it in other countries when they elect those we don't agree with... which is why we support so many dictators. That is the truth. We are responsible for this. We need to check our own actions if we want them to stop.

I also love the "withraw military forces" from a region... why were our forces there? The place (yes, even Iraq, outside some part of Kurdistan) were stable. Much more stable than they are now. For less than 1/20th the cost of that 2-3 trillion dollar war these conservative parties got us into for the benefit for the military industrial complex we could have provided college education for everyone. But the powers that be don't want that.

We don't control the world. We don't own the world. Withdrawing from engagement is dumb, but so is expecting everyone to work for us or to do what we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
People who want to kill me because they are Radicalized.
No one is suggesting we bring in these people. Our refugee process is incredibly extensive (takes years often enough), no one is promoting waving it, and no terrorist act has been committed by a refugee on our soil. We also helped create the Syrian refugee crisis, so there is such a thing as taking responsibility for one's actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I love me some Bernie, and believe in his philosophy, what he champions, I just don't know if the state of the country and political climate are ready for what he proposes. Not when a large subset of society is ignorant (regurgitating talking points and propaganda does not count as common sense) on the basis of these policies (or politics in general) and how they can be beneficial. Maybe in a few terms or couple generations we'll be ready for a philosophy that Bernie proposes. I can only hope.

This isn't an accident. It is why the right, and corporate owned politicians in general, attack and try to defund education. See Scott Walker in Wisconsin. They are promoting ignorance and attacking critical thinking skills that make the populace more educated. We also see this in the push for less liberal arts educations and pushing schools to become more like job training centers, rather than institutions of higher thought and critical thinking.

Last edited by timberline742; 03-29-2016 at 01:11 PM..

Old 03-29-2016, 01:08 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I met him on several occasions when I was kid. When my father went back to college, he took a night job as a janitor at City Hall in Burlington, and I used to tag along because I didn't like being home alone at night. I remember sometimes Bernie would be working late in his office, and he let my brother and I spin in the big chair behind his desk. But, I have to keep reminding myself that (much like socks with sandals) what works for VT just isn't realistic for the nation as a whole. Sigh.

LOL, I had to sketch this out on paper first, but it makes perfect sense
Auto correct I was taking a break from the sawdust and paint... Maybe it was the paint fumes. lol

Back to remodel.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:11 PM

147 posts, read 93,349 times
I couldn't date someone who was far left or far right. Anyone who can't see they're all crooks and won't make things better needs their head examined.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:11 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
yeah...that's kinda what dating is all about too, right?!
Of course and I don't begrudge another's choice. Just shocking that backing a candidate could totally skew an otherwise completely compatible individual.

Too each their own.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:12 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Of course and I don't begrudge another's choice. Just shocking that backing a candidate could totally skew an otherwise completely compatible individual.

Too each their own.
They wouldn't be otherwise compatible. They would have fundamentally different world views and priorities and values.

That's the entire point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships