Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 09:23 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,104,895 times

Advertisements

OP - Do you ever get tired of inventing things to get mad at your husband about?

Old 03-30-2016, 09:24 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,809,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
OP - Do you ever get tired of inventing things to get mad at your husband about?
Anyone else think that this might be the husband playing the wife to validate his feelings? (Or something more nefarious)...

Old 03-30-2016, 09:26 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,340,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
Ladies, if you wanted to switch cars with your man simply because you wanted to drive something different or just wanted to drive his car for a while would he?

My husband lets me drive his truck because he knows I am responsible and will take care of it. You and your son have proven over & over you are not trustworthy. I'm amazed the man is even still there.

6,304 posts, read 8,987,644 times
Quote:
No, I don't want to alternate vehicles every other week but if I only want to drive it to work once a month is that asking too much?

Obviously, it is.

Do you ever actually listen to him, OP? I mean, seriously, shut your mouth and listen to what he says?

Do you have any respect, at all, for him, or is it just about you all the time?

This isn't about having to re-adjust the seat or mirrors. That much is glaringly obvious.

161 posts, read 104,932 times
Quote:
What's wrong with just wanting to drive something different once in a while. He acts like I'm going to damage his "precious" truck. Yes, I'm one to believe that what's your is mine and what's mine is yours. It's called a marriage. My husband, on the other hand, feels that his truck is his and my car is mine. He says he has no desire to drive my little car because he has trouble getting in and out of it and he always has to readjust the seats and mirrors. Then on the few occasions I have driven his truck (only because he was working on my car) he says that when he gets back in his truck he's got to readjust the seats, mirrors, radio, etc. I just want to ride high every now and again. No, I don't want to alternate vehicles every other week but if I only want to drive it to work once a month is that asking too much?

If your husband asked to use your toothbrush one morning because he wanted to brush his teeth with something different that day, would you? If he wanted to sleep on your side of the bed at night simply because he wanted to sleep in a different spot, would you? If he wanted to wear your coat or hat one day simple because he wanted to, would you? See, you seem to think that marriages are equal. They are in some respects but in most, they aren't. You don't have a car dealership sitting in your driveway and get to pick a set of keys off the wall when you leave in the morning. That's his truck, not yours. How many times has he left his truck behind and asked you to drive your car? I'd venture to say never. Think about that.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:28 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,340,422 times
Quote:
He says that "no one takes better care of your stuff than you." He's just protective of that truck.

That's because your son blew up the car he was driving and it wasn't even his, and you always take up for him, so obviously you go by the same moral code. I wouldn't let you touch my vehicle with a ten-foot pole.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:43 AM

2,443 posts, read 3,193,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
Again, I consider us to have a normal, functioning marriage.
Have you read any other the OP's other threads? This is clearly not the case here.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:00 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,134,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Have you read any other the OP's other threads? This is clearly not the case here.
Yeah, I have and I was reluctant to comment at first. Now I know why.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:08 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,132,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwebster View Post
If your husband asked to use your toothbrush one morning because he wanted to brush his teeth with something different that day, would you? If he wanted to sleep on your side of the bed at night simply because he wanted to sleep in a different spot, would you? If he wanted to wear your coat or hat one day simple because he wanted to, would you? See, you seem to think that marriages are equal. They are in some respects but in most, they aren't. You don't have a car dealership sitting in your driveway and get to pick a set of keys off the wall when you leave in the morning. That's his truck, not yours. How many times has he left his truck behind and asked you to drive your car? I'd venture to say never. Think about that.
Funny thing is, it sounds like the OP has driven his truck before, so it's not like he's unreasonable.

He just doesn't like driving her car. If she wants a vehicle that sits higher, she needs to buy one next time.

My husband and I have 2 cars. Both are in my name, but only because one was a leased small car we got for the kids to be able to have something to drive. At the time we leased it, we knew my husband's car was being repurchased by the dealership (lemon).

So, we have found we can manage with 2 cars, all of us (I work from home and technically we have 3 vehicles because our eldest is a young adult who bought his own car and it's here, too.)

My husband started out driving the leased car, but it was just too small for him. He then set his sights on my car (same make/model as the one he'd had declared a lemon). He asked to drive it one day and pretty much has never given it back.

It's mine, so I'm welcome to drive it. But, I rarely do. It's easier not to shift mirrors back and forth.

I love my car, so it is minorly annoying that he lifted it. But, logically speaking, he goes to the office constantly and I work from home. We use the leased car for quick trips around town, but it's an EV and it's just logical.

Sometimes, marriage is about doing what's best for everyone.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:10 AM

531 posts, read 382,125 times
Geez for Pete's sake, leave your poor husband alone. That guy has been through enough between you and your son. Just let him have his car in peace. Drive your own car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships