Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 08:16 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times

Advertisements

So I’ve noticed on OLD with some people messages get exchanged every couple of hours, and with others its about half a day to a day response time to messages which is fine as well. The thing is I’ve noticed that some of these guys who take quite some time to message you back (meanwhile they’re the ones who have initiated the conversation), are constantly logged on to the site so it’s not like they haven’t read my email yet. I really don’t want to be going back and forth with someone who isn’t interested in me. However, they’re responses are usually quite engaging so I’m not sure if its lack of interest or just wanting to wait until you have some free time to put together an engaging message. Also just wanted to know on average how long is usually takes you guys to respond to a message on OLD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 08:18 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
From instantly to several days. Depends on how busy I am. And being shown as "online" means nothing, esp with apps these days.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:22 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
If they show online all the time, that doesn't mean they actually are. It just means their phone is logged on.

Don't put too much emphasis on the responding time.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:26 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
yeah the online indicator doesn't mean much, if you haven't logged out of the app. As long as it's still running it says you are on. As far as response time goes, just from personal experience, I have spoken with people where at first we didn't respond to each other for not only hours at a time but sometimes days. And then eventually we started dating. Many new conversations are like that. People get busy, or in my case I may have been out of town and didn't respond until I got back. Just because someone doesn't respond back right away doesn't mean they are not interested.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:54 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Or....maybe they just don't want to talk to you!

Old 03-30-2016, 09:23 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
I've gotten instant messages on OKC before and didn't realize I was logged in to the site. Same thing happens with Facebook - my cousin now asks if I am really online before starting a conversation because apparently I show as online 24/7.

I find response time for me would depend on how busy I am and how interested I was in the other person. However, sometimes, I'd have a quick minute and would read a message and then get busy and forget I didn't actually respond to it until I logged back in and saw I hadn't. And sometimes, I just needed time to formulate my response depending on the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships