Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 03:40 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times

Advertisements

Why are you getting married if you don't want kids? This is asinine! Of course he should be peed the eff off! I would've left the moment you did this, acting like "having my friend drive me there" is worth his future son's or daughter's life because you just "don't want to deal with this right now." Babies are a blessing, not something you throw out because you are inconvenienced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 03:41 PM

18 posts, read 14,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
I'm confused - it sounds like you got married because you were pregnant... but then you got an abortion? Why get married in the first place then? Of course, you seem to say you had to have the abortion so maybe it was for medical reasons that you found out about after getting married? Or are you saying you just felt like the abortion was your only option?

It's your right to have the abortion, but it's equally his right to feel differently about it - it was his baby too. This may be something he is not able to get passed. Regardless, it doesn't excuse him treating you meanly because of it, especially if the abortion was necessary for medical reasons. You need to have an adult conversation with each other about your feelings and decide whether you will be able to move beyond this or not.

No we got married before I got pregnant. I got an abortion because I didn't feel ready. And we knew that that's why we weren't trying because I was not in a place where I could have kids currently. Now he's mad at me for something he already knew.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:43 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw19 View Post
No we got married before I got pregnant. I got an abortion because I didn't feel ready. And we knew that that's why we weren't trying because I was not in a place where I could have kids currently. Now he's mad at me for something he already knew.
Did you discuss your reasoning behind the termination with him, or is this something you told him you were doing after the fact?

Old 03-31-2016, 03:43 PM

10,207 posts, read 17,859,740 times
Quote:
No we got married first for many other reasons I was not pregnant when we got married. I decided to get an abortion after I found I was pregnant because I am not ready to have kids at this time. I'm 19 in college and focused on getting through school and having a career before I have kids
But you said you got married after you got pregnant. So you got pregnant, had an abortion, and got married, in that order? Why would you marry someone when you knew he had a problem with the abortion you just had? Why would you marry someone who was "immature and unsupportive" during the abortion process?

Old 03-31-2016, 03:44 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,233,524 times
I dont imagine your marriage will last much longer. He will never get over this. It was not your decision to make. You are married. It was BOTH of your decisions.

You screwed up.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:44 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
[Mod cut: harsh language "having an abortion"]

Calling him names or belittling him won't help your marriage or get you through.

Last edited by RedZin; 04-01-2016 at 01:07 PM..

Old 03-31-2016, 03:47 PM

18 posts, read 14,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
But you said you got married after you got pregnant. So you got pregnant, had an abortion, and got married, in that order? Why would you marry someone when you knew he had a problem with the abortion you just had? Why would you marry someone who was "immature and unsupportive" during the abortion process?
my bad I did say after I meant before sorry

Old 03-31-2016, 03:51 PM

10,207 posts, read 17,859,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I dont imagine your marriage will last much longer. He will never get over this. It was not your decision to make. You are married. It was BOTH of your decisions.

You screwed up.
While I do think couples should discuss it together first (and we don't know that they didn't), ultimately it is not exactly something they can compromise over. If it comes down to one of them wanting the abortion and the other not, it comes down to her body, her choice.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:53 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
He may never get over it, especially if he is "prolife."

Were you not on birth control, if you are so against getting pregnant now???

Old 03-31-2016, 03:56 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
I'm 19 and in college. I have had no interest in family children anytime soon. My H and I married 2 months ago shortly before I had become pregnant. And have had to have an abortion. He has always wanted kids and a family and is prolife and he acted really immature and unsupportive during this. To the point he even threatened leaving me. He wouldn't go with me I had to arrange for a friend to pick me up and had to pay myself. He wanted no part in it and since he's been really mean and I understand he feels hurt about it but there was really nothing else I could do. It's been 2 weeks and I don't want a good begin to go down the tubes already. Advice? What can I do now to help him move past this?

Be understanding. Don't pressure him to come out of his shell, give him time.

Tell him you have another 20 years to have all the babies he wants?

Marriage counseling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships