Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 10:48 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpeter View Post
Yeah but a man can be happy with his relationship but still cheat out of biological drive. It's a bit different.
Perhaps the "reasons" (read: excuses) are generally different, but the upshot is still the same.

There are people (of any gender) that feel that their personal wants outweigh their commitments to others.

In response to the OP, nope, in my mind there is absolutely not a difference between genders where cheating is concerned. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard, "but my [insert label and gender of SO here] doesn't understand me"...

Nope, no sympathy here. And no distinction made among genders. If you (general "you") want options, don't make the commitment. And, if you find yourself in a position where you can't live up to a commitment already made, communicate. If that doesn't work, then get out. Yeah, I know, it's hard. You have kids, a home, probably an otherwise "stable life". But what makes you so special that you think that you can have everything you want? The proverbial "having your cake and eating it too". Ugh.

(As an aside, if someone is thinking about putting their SO's stuff out in the front yard, check your local laws before you do. Most jurisdictions frown on "self-help" in these sorts of situations, in direct contravention of what we've learned from the movies.)

Last edited by mishigas73; 04-01-2016 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: changed "needs" to "wants" in second paragraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 10:53 AM

454 posts, read 311,045 times
Cheating sucks no matter if it's the man or the woman. They are equally breaking their vows.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:11 AM

57 posts, read 38,656 times
I dislike cheaters of all sexes and walks of life, but one can easily make an argument that it is worse for women to cheat than men. Reasons for this are following. Womans loyalty is of highest importance to men, simply because they want to know that any possible offspring is theirs. Women, do not have to worry about it, since men cannot get pregnant. In fact, men who other women find attractive (and would sleep with) seem even more attractive to their spouses. WE are not equal or the same, people. Men and women are very different, seeking completely different set of traits in each other, despite some less important traits being shared by both sexes.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:13 AM

880 posts, read 1,251,966 times
When a man cheats, it's because he's a no good, lowlife scumbag. When a woman cheats it's because the no good, lowlife scumbag made her do it by either or combination of:

a.) Not earning enough/Not having a job
b.) Working too much
c.) Not paying attention to her
d.) Being too clingy
e.) Drinking and partying too much
f.) Being a boring square who can't party
g.) Not making her feel like a woman
h.) Not treating her as an equal partner
i) Insert any convenient excuse to the infinity.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:16 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_bank View Post
When someone cheats it's because the no good, lowlife scumbag made him or her do it by either or combination of:

a.) Not earning enough/Not having a job
b.) Working too much
c.) Not paying attention to her/him
d.) Being too clingy
e.) Drinking and partying too much
f.) Being a boring square who can't party
g.) Not making her/him feel like a woman/man
h.) Not treating her/him as an equal partner
i) Insert any convenient excuse to the infinity.
There- fixed it for you.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:32 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
If you feel that way, then that's the way you feel.

I think it's equally bad.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-01-2016, 11:45 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
Both are as equal bad. I also wonder why women don't stay loyal to other women... ? Some guys at least have agreements to not touch their friends women etc. Women rarely have agreements..

Anyway I find both genders cheating equal disgusting.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:18 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Both are as equal bad. I also wonder why women don't stay loyal to other women... ? Some guys at least have agreements to not touch their friends women etc. Women rarely have agreements..

Anyway I find both genders cheating equal disgusting.
Yes I have been brought up that way in not going near friends girlfriends or even exes which is clearly a mark of respect for them, And granted I'm not a woman LOL but I do have many female friends that share the same opinions as myself on this and won't go near a friends boyfriend/ex for the same reason.

As for loyalty I think it depends on the strength of the friendship more than anything else and not gender specific just like the title of this thread

Old 04-01-2016, 12:51 PM

147 posts, read 93,428 times
It's equally disrespectful and hurtful. The difference is society doesn't hold cheating women accountable. Society is quick to blame the man whether he's the cheater or cheatee.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:11 PM

880 posts, read 1,251,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
There- fixed it for you.
No, you didn't. It no longer makes any sense whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships