Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 11:35 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times

Advertisements

If my wife cheated it would be worse when women cheated, but if I cheated it would be worse when men cheated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 02:14 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
9/10 of the replies are just piling on the usual knee jerk "cheaters are scum of the earth", instead of responding to the o.p.'s thoughts. Can we just for one thread get past the obvious? Men and women are very different, just in case some of you haven't noticed. You can insist otherwise till the cows come home but it won't make it true. A study was recently done where men and women were propositioned by total strangers of the opposite sex. Almost all the men went for the bait. NONE of the women did. None.

However, in real life, cheating situations rarely involve total strangers, and when/if a woman cheats on a man chances are GOOD that it will be someone he knows very well. And chances are GOOD that her heart is gone to that man that she is knocking boots with. In other words "its over pal", sorry you had to find out this way. Guys cheat because they could, and in many cases the primary relationship or marriage could in fact be salvaged afterwards. More women should learn from Hillary Clinton. If she had dumped her lowlife cheating scum of a husband she would not now have one of the best in the business running her campaign for the White House.

No one should be a doormat, but men and women both should try not to be hasty. Americans marry too early and too easily. Both conditions make a cheating scenario almost inevitable. I met my second wife at 46 y.o. I am 57 now, have never cheated, and might just make it till death us do part totally faithful. Had we met at 22 and I had never had any other woman but her... ... seriously... ya think? But this is exactly what many of you expect. That young people in their 20's should behave with the maturity and decency of middle aged people with a lot to lose. It isn't reasonable.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:25 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,173,875 times
It has been proven in studies that attractive women get favorable treatment in the legal system. That same thing happens when they do something that is immoral but not illegal.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:40 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't agree with throwing the person out in either case and have said so in the past. If he or she lives there, the person has a right to be evicted through legal means and not be rendered homeless. Destroying someone else's property is not OK.
This

I know a woman who cheated, and when confronted SHE through HIM out, changed the locks
He went through the legal means to regain access to his house, but it took some time

He got back at her tenfold though...she lives in a crappy apartment now, in the ghetto, and doesn't have a pot to pi$$ in...luckily although they were trying for kids, he divorced her before she got pregnant

yeah the throwing stuff out drama is childish...just end it and move on

Old 04-02-2016, 07:44 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,763 times
This is not a gender thing. It's really stupid to assume it to be a gender thing because it's equally bad whether a man or a woman cheat on their partner in any relationship. Anyone who cheats on anyone is a scumbag loser and it doesn't matter if they are a male or female because it applies to BOTH. Period end of story.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:01 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Lol......I don't even get the question.....
Then again I'm mixing whiskey w/ coffee

ANYONE who cheats is a wh*re.

That's my stance

Old 04-02-2016, 09:08 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
9/10 of the replies are just piling on the usual knee jerk "cheaters are scum of the earth", instead of responding to the o.p.'s thoughts. Can we just for one thread get past the obvious?
On CDR there are a lot of posters directly or indirectly affected by cheating; often without clarity on what lead up to the infidelity... I have come to expect the usual knee jerk reaction.

Quote:
Men and women are very different, just in case some of you haven't noticed. You can insist otherwise till the cows come home but it won't make it true. A study was recently done where men and women were propositioned by total strangers of the opposite sex. Almost all the men went for the bait. NONE of the women did. None.
Yup... For me this study clarifies difference between genders. This is just one tid-bit:

"Lowe sexual satisfaction was only associated with infidelity in men. Sixty-nine percent of men who reported lower sexual satisfaction engaged in infidelity, compared to 47% of men who had not. Regardless of infidelity status, 40% of women reported low sexual satisfaction. Perceived sexual incompatibility was also more commonly associated with infidelity among men than among women"

http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/publi...%20couples.pdf

Totally agree with the rest of your post....

Old 04-02-2016, 09:42 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,763 times
The title of the thread is, "Is women cheating not considered as bad as men cheating?"

The answer to that question is that it doesn't matter who does the cheating because it is equally bad no matter who does it!!

Old 04-02-2016, 11:15 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Well, today with the shirt sleeve pride and the fragile nature of people... people now kill each other behind such stuff.

If you don't want to be in a relationship - "leave" !!!! it's much safer for all involved.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:02 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Well, today with the shirt sleeve pride and the fragile nature of people... people now kill each other behind such stuff.

If you don't want to be in a relationship - "leave" !!!! it's much safer for all involved.

Crimes of passion aren't exactly a modern or new thing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships