Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 09:39 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,769,668 times

Advertisements

I can't help but wonder what my competition sounds like. I have noticed that I can detect a guy's interest simply through their messages/texts. I'm wondering if women are as clear? I sound like a child when I text/message.. Using exclamation points and emojis. If I'm trying to play it cool I'll sound more normal.

You probably don't know how to respond to this message... Call me crazy but I have always wanted to read a guy's OLD message inbox.. I don't want to set up a guy's profile just for this. If you could let me read the messages that would be great... Haha.. You can DM me or post them here if you like. Don't worry I won't judge. I don't know you anyway. I'll share mine if you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 09:51 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,312 times
Because the people who sent those messages did so with the expectation that those messages would be shared with 3 million people on a public message board?

Old 04-02-2016, 10:44 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
I don't understand that second paragraph. Is that a message you actually sent someone? Or are you asking the guys on here or what?

Don't you just want to present yourself as you? Why would it matter what other women sound like? If it's just simple curiosity, I can't see that many guys would be down for just sending some stranger the contents of their inbox. And I think it would be pretty rude for a person sent a message in confidence to just pass that message along to a stranger who was "curious." It doesn't matter whether he would be sharing her personal info or not, if he gives you her name or not, I don't care, my gosh but that would be rude and wrong.

Don't worry what other women sound like. You're you. You want someone who will like you, not some other woman. Good luck.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:49 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
Are you asking how "women" come across in their profiles or messages? Like whether they're direct about their interest or lack thereof, diction, writing style, conversation?

It probably varies a lot just like it does for "men." There are a lot of factors involved in how an individual comes across.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:36 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
I guess you are wondering how women sound via written communication?

If that's the case..... I sound like that ^^^^.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-03-2016, 06:35 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,151 times
I've only ever used tinder and pof so take it with a grain of salt but it's pretty simple imo. Responsiveness. If she's responding and you're building rapport, she's interested.

In my experience with those sites, attractive women receive so much interest online from thirsty dudes, responsiveness is a clear indicator of interest.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:15 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,787,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
I've only ever used tinder and pof so take it with a grain of salt but it's pretty simple imo. Responsiveness. If she's responding and you're building rapport, she's interested.

In my experience with those sites, attractive women receive so much interest online from thirsty dudes, responsiveness is a clear indicator of interest.
This is true--I never respond to someone I'm not interested. I used to send a polite thanksbutnothanks to those I wasn't interested in, but I've found this to be more problems than it's worth--they will take any answer as encouragement.

I know that my messages back to men don't sound as eager as theirs because I don't want to scare them off. I try to keep it going by asking them at least one question though--that's how I show interest. I do not mention their looks or how great we'll be in a relationship, though I often hear that from them. So no, from my experience, we are not nearly the same.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:39 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I guess you are wondering how women sound via written communication?

If that's the case..... I sound like that ^^^^.
You sound hot.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:02 AM

9,873 posts, read 14,110,023 times
What is OLD?

Old 04-03-2016, 10:06 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
What is OLD?
Online dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships