Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:48 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,774 times

Advertisements

Unhappy men who put up with high-maintenance women (specifically the ones who give off an "entitled princess" vibe) don't respect themselves. Those men are also foolish suckers. Instead of growing a pair and simply walking away from the relationship, they would rather walk barefoot on sizzling hot coals and jump through high-voltage electrified hoops if that's what it took to keep the woman around. And yeah those men will complain and whine a lot too.

They have a couple of simple choices to deal with the issue...either break up with the woman, or stop whining and get over it. Sadly, poor self-esteem can transform a normally simple decision into something that's much harder to follow through with.

I don't really consider women (or men) who put a decent amount of effort into looking good as "high maintenance". H.M. is more about the person's attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 11:51 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Lol.

I'll take "Clueless" for $1000, Alex!
Nah. The thread is about why MEN stay with high maintenance women. I proposed that (not in so many words but the point was made) IF she is exceptionally attractive, some men may really enjoy the sex with her, enough to deal with the high maintenance BS. That was me in college, not anymore.

You, on the other hand, read that and just had to chime in with, well, huff, maybe for YOU but that doesn't mean the woman likes it that much. Well sweetheart, that's irrelevant to the OP of MEN sticking it out with high maintenance women, now isn't it.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:10 PM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
I have recently come to the realization that I just can't do it anymore...

I have dated several women that were high maintenance. The biggest problem here is that I myself can be impatient. Having to wait 3 hours for someone to get ready, to be late all the time, and to be pushed aside for what someone else considers "more important things" is just wrong. They always seem to be very much into themselves and you cannot depend on them for when things go bad. And all this for (if you are lucky) mediocre sex?

Why do guys put up with this? I just can't anymore...

I don't know what annoys me more..that or the men that put up with it.
Without reading any more of this, because if you ruled out high maintenance women, you'd be ruling out 95% of the dating population.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:21 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
I have recently come to the realization that I just can't do it anymore...

I have dated several women that were high maintenance. The biggest problem here is that I myself can be impatient. Having to wait 3 hours for someone to get ready, to be late all the time, and to be pushed aside for what someone else considers "more important things" is just wrong. They always seem to be very much into themselves and you cannot depend on them for when things go bad. And all this for (if you are lucky) mediocre sex?

Why do guys put up with this? I just can't anymore...

I don't know what annoys me more..that or the men that put up with it.
You nailed the "why" - p_____!

Old 04-07-2016, 08:25 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times
Because some men would rather have a beautiful woman and put up with her shiet than anything else. I know someone who is exactly like that. She takes over an hour in the shower doing who knows what, then takes 2-4 more hours for hair, makeup and to find something to wear. When we are traveling with her, we always have to remind her to get up much earlier because we know she will take that long to get ready.

She's the type that gets stared at no matter where she goes. Her husband is not as attractive and she has cheated on him a few times, but he won't leave her because he knows he won't find anyone else as beautiful. He is actually a very decent guy, too good for her IMO, but just not as pretty as she is. They are almost complete spectrum on the looks side of things. However, he gets what he puts up with, so I don't actually feel sorry for him either.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:02 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
I've only ever been involved with one woman.who did the makeup, and not a hair out of place thing. On, she could spend so.e to.e slapping on the Bondo. My lady I'm with now just does a little eyeliner and some lip gloss. Doesn't sit and tease her hair for hours either. Just a brushing or , if she doesn't wanna mess about, into a pony, and the latter looks good on her. She has beautiful hair. Long and soft, and a delightful auburn color with natural blondish highlights.

Likes her Wranglers, and favors tank tops in warm weather. She will doll up for special occasions, but it still doesn't take her long. An hour, tops. She doesn't have to work that bard and still be a head turner. And she doesn't even realize how beautiful she is. Not a vain bone in her. She does have some prominent scars, on her right arm, from her car accident, that she used to be self conscious about. My right leg is that way, and we have come to not care so much about the scars showing. We often joke about how we match that way.

If she's wearing a tank and I'm in shorts, we've been known to draw some stares. I really appreciate herack of vanity and Ber level of self confidence. Many people, not just women either, would have to hide marks like hers. After having been with a primper before she's very refreshing. Simplicity. It has its virtues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships