Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 12:34 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
And not for nothing, but if I see "him and I" one more time I may be forced to gouge out my own eyes with a jagged spork.
Man, I hope it doesn't come to this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay, whew. Anyway. Time to move on from this association. (It's really not a relationship anymore.) He is giving you nothing, nada...not even anything to hope for. Yes, he wishes you'd be the bad guy and do the breaking up. Yes, he's just quickly nodding and yessing you when you ask pointed questions about the relationship so the conversation can be over already and he can slip quietly away. No, he's not coming back. Move on.
Wonder if he has told her it's over but she's not hearing it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 12:41 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
The OP's bad English is working against her. She never actually said the break was supposed to be for a year; in post #7 of her Break thread when she says "a year", that's an answer to the question quoted, not info on how long the break is to be. And yes, the "Him and I"...

The sunglass emoticon next to the thread title is throwing me off, why did you choose that, OP? I can't help but think it's a bit smug in your situation, like you're trying to convince yourself that because he won't dump that there's still hope for the relationship. You've obviously have some experience in dealing with these type of people and ending the relationships. People tried to tell you that breaks doesn't really work, now you see why.

You have to decide what to do now. It's on you if you want to continue to be in this place you're in now.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:54 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
Have any of you ever been in a relationship with someone that just couldn't bring themselves to break up with you? They kept making excuses about hanging out, talking on the phone, or even being intimate with you, pushing you to the point of where your so mad, that you end up breaking up with them, but they never had the guts to bring it up and tell you it just wasn't working out? What did you do in this situation and what do you think about people who do this sort of thing?
I broke up with one, and manipulated the other into breaking up with me.

The first one was easy. "Let's cut the b.s. You're only in this relationship for as long as it takes you to find the guts to be honest with yourself and me or line someone else up, maybe both. You want me to be the heavy and say the words for you? Fine, I'll say the words for you: This isn't working out. There, now you can go tell your friends about how I dumped you seemingly out of the blue."

The second one was a bit harder because it was a less-than-ideal situation for me that I knew would get worse after the split (I'll spare you the details), but I knew that unless I did it, he never would have left me alone. I basically manipulated him right back by standing my ground on something that I'd warned him about, at a strategic time, with the result that it put him in an embarrassing position with his family--something I knew would be a tipping point for him. Even after that, he tried hovering around, even after he started dating someone else. So I REALLY insulted him not once, but twice, in writing, right down to the size of his below-average peen and calling his father a racist pig (he is) and his mother a beyotch (she can be). I'm sure he wrote me off as yet another "psycho ex," and funny how he had so many of them, but who cares what he thinks? I just feel bad for his kid.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Granted I don't understand the logic behind waiting for someone else to break up first, but if honest I'm completely lost with your " logic " in knowing or suspecting he wants to break up and clinging on in the hope he changes his mind.

Why stay with someone if they're not happy?
Tch, you know better than this, Cowboy: SEX. Convenience, complacency, fear of being alone, fear of not finding someone better, and SEX.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:23 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Tch, you know better than this, Cowboy: SEX. Convenience, complacency, fear of being alone, fear of not finding someone better, and SEX.
Well LOL we've ALL put up with some shenanigans once in a while for the capital lettered part I'm sure!.....

But yeah if honest I didnt look at it that way jade but it's a sad state of affairs when someone feels this way

Old 04-05-2016, 03:29 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
The break I initiated is no longer active. That break was March 9th through March 25th. So the break period is over. Him and I did get together on March 25th, talked things over. Since then him and I have taken some time to ourselves to focus on own issues, family problems, and saving up to hang out and do things in the future.
Lmao... So you broke up and got back together only to break up once again just like the last 500 times! I told you already this was a Merry go round that will never end until one of you finally gets the hell off the damn ride.

But hey, it's your life, and if you want to keep wasting time doing this over and over and over again until you're in your 80s then go right ahead.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Well LOL we've ALL put up with some shenanigans once in a while for the capital lettered part I'm sure!.....

But yeah if honest I didnt look at it that way jade but it's a sad state of affairs when someone feels this way
Yep, pretty much. Human relationships can be rather complicated. That's why I'm just hanging back and worrying about my own butt for a while.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:45 PM

212 posts, read 162,358 times
I'm sorry that you are hurting, it's over, stop wasting your emotions and time. Accept it and work on living a happy life without him in the picture. He is not the last man on earth.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:07 PM

166 posts, read 135,363 times
As of right now I am just going to leave him alone, so he can get over his sore throat and do what he needs to do in his life. When he wants to talk to me and see me, he will talk to me.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:10 PM

37 posts, read 36,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
They do it so they don't have to be the bad guy - they make YOU the bad guy. That way they can tell everyone that you broke up with them. It's immaturity and cowardice at it's best.
I agree with this entire comment. I dealt with someone who did this back in the past.
I believe this way when questioned by family/friends on what happened they can say, "so-n-so broke up with me." I think they have everyone convinced they are such a great catch when it is more like they are really really bad at relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships