Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 03:04 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,761,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post

Perhaps I'm being overly romantic because like you said, my marriage is in the pits. My feelings have deepened for that old flame throughout the years and he has ruined me for other men.
Yes.

It's very common to project the feelings you WISH you had in your marriage onto a fantasy lover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 03:08 PM

458 posts, read 328,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Soulmates....leave footprints on your heart. In my case it took almost three decades for that wonderful feeling to finally be consummated. The rennaissance which it brought to my life has been nothing short of remarkable. Not a day goes past that I am not thankful for my luck in finding my soulmate. Everyone should be so fortunate.
So how did you know it was your soulmate? Did you wait or did you bide your time in other relationships?

Old 04-06-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Absolutely, yes. Its not an everyday thing, and many people who are guided to each other , choose to dismiss the signs of that guidance, and follow another party. That whole free will thing. I firmly believe my lady and j were brought together by a higher power. We were put on a collision.course. before we ever met. When we did meet, were were both taken with each other. But, we were both married to others, and our feelings, which did nothing but grow, weren't expressed, until quite sometime down the road. She even moved away for a while, but circumstances kept working to put us back in each others path. we remained close friends during all this time, even though we lost touch for a while, we each had the other on our minds.

She divorced from her abusive marriage, I remained in mine for a while, but , as all sjch relationships go, I divorced as well. During that period in my life, I lost touch again, but staying that way wasn't part of the plan. After all this time in the same orbit, we wound up culminating that collision course. Fi ally we were able to actually fell each other how we felt. After a LONG time repressing feelings, each of us not really knowing how we really felt, wanting something we both thought we could never have, and then crashing into it. Then, looking back at all that time, and seeing how things always kept us in each others path. Always. Truly amazing circumstances, that kept us moving toward each other. Regardless of where we were, no matter bow far away, and of the times we were out of touch.

The odds seemed astronomically against us coming together. Like another force was fighting against the one that was pulling us together, and trying to keep us apart. Fi e years ago, we. became a couple, a d despite seriously traumatic evengs, gbag happened to us after our. coming together, things that could easily destroy most relationships, we never gave up, and we are stronger now for the trials. We've.never used the term "soulmates" in describing what it is we have. Never really tried to attach any term to it. But, we do both believe a higher power brought us together for some reason, and that a dark one has tried very hard to keep us apart. We would both fight to the death to see the latter doesn't win.

Other than how much we love each other, why it is we were brought together like this, we don't understand , yet. But there has to be a reason but, until that may be shown us, what we feel for each other is more than enough. We have received both high praise and happiness , and naked disdain from people for how we feel, and the scrafices we've made to keep it together. Neither of which matters to us. Were just thankful for what we have. Something we felt, for a long time, we couldn't have. Never been so happy to be wrong. So, I guess we both believe in "soulmates" , even if we don't call it that, or anything, really. We just believe in each other, and don't need a trendy term to call that by.
I love your story. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It's a nice thought but I think that's all it is

You could meet the most perfect person and think as such..... Until you meet/see one that's better. I'm guessing the same concept works for " soulmates " in reality.

The term soulmate I'd look upon as a compliment more than anything If said to me
Do you think you think that because you haven't had the experience?

Old 04-06-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I hope so ! Otherwise I messed up really bad ! This thread reminds me of one of my fav movies, "Only you"!
Haven't seen it, but now I want to!!!

Old 04-06-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I would tend to say "no", but I've heard some pretty unusual stories, so maybe in some cases, the universe does conspire. I've heard of people who knew years in advance exactly the circumstances in which they'd meet their future spouse. Unusual circumstances. Some seemingly clairvoyant moments. Odd.
Wow. I would like to read those stories if you have time to write them out. Thanks for commenting.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Yes I do. As a believer in karmic astrology in particular (and, okay, as a romantic too) I believe that it is a fact that soulmates exist.
What exactly is karmic astrology?
I'm a Sagittarius and my husband is a Gemini. My old flame is a Leo.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
That is so sweet <3
Most people that have been married for a while and tell you they married their soulmate ALL say....I don't know how I knew, I just knew.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:36 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times
Going back, to where my Lady and I think our courses became set, it all started for us in almost identical fashion. Within 2 months of each other, we were both in serious traffic accidents. I was just out of high school, she had graduated 2 years prior. I was in CA, she was in MT. I was hit, broadside, by a car, while on my motorcycle, she was broadsided by a semi in Ber Jeep Wrangler. She was violently ejected out the drivers side, 150 yards, into a ditch. She suffered a broken pelvis , her right arm was broke , compound, radius and ulna, and she had severe head trauma. TBI. (Traumatic brain injury). My lower right leg was crushed to shards.

Both of us were in two week long. comas and in the hospital for almost 4 months. Our stays were almost exact, time wise. She was in two dahs longer than me. Both of our lives changed forever. , The circumstances following our accidents led us both to come to reside in the same town, here in NV. We met through her then husband and my then wife at a company party put on by the mine they both worked at. I noticed her scarred arm, and she noticed my pronounced limp, which started conversation. My leg and her arm,, same side, same levels of scarring, and an instant understanding of each other, from what we had both been through. We were both pretty self concious about the evidence of our injuries, but , not with each other. Right from the start. There was not the slightest hint of being uncomfortable talking about our traumas, nor did we feel self conscious with each other about our scars. Almost like we were the "normal" ones in the room, and everyone else was different.

From that moment on, our paths always led us back to each other, and though it did take some time, here we are today. Completely and inseperably intertwined. From those first moments on, the knots kept getting tied and the rope pulled tighter as time went on. There are times where we have expressed to each other that we do feel the events that started us on our path to each other could have been...more gentle, though.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:46 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,636,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
I haven't gone outside of my marriage and I'm certainly not having an affair. I believe you reap what you sow and I don't want some ish like that coming back on me. But i will say, I have always had an amazing connection with an old boyfriend. I always thought he was my soulmate. It didn't work out because we were young and dumb. I've never come across anyone else that I felt like that about. We didn't date that long, but we've always made contact throughout the years. If I don't speak to him for a while, he will creep into my dreams. I feel like I carry him in my spirit. He is never too far from my thoughts. Perhaps I'm being overly romantic because like you said, my marriage is in the pits. My feelings have deepened for that old flame throughout the years and he has ruined me for other men. He tried to convince me not to marry my now husband, but I didn't listen. I wonder if women in general just want too much. Will we ever be satisfied?
That's on you, not women.

Sure you can romanticize someone you hardly knew, and you probably weren't fully grown up at that time.

If you were with him, he would be the guy leaving the kitchen a mess and forgot your birthday. Your current marriage will never live up to the imaginary relationship in your head. It's kinda a self-sabotaging habit.

I have no idea if your current marriage genuinely sucks, but you are in no way helping.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships