Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,571 times

Advertisements

I'm in a very long relationship and we're both in our 30'. I wanted marriage and kids but he didn't. After some time of resentment and sadness, I was ok again. We decided not to breakup.

I now really enjoy our relationship but I changed so much because he refused my marriage proposal. I became free and flirty and I don't regret a second of it. I'm not cheating and I wouldn't. I just love it how other men are attracted to me and I adore the attention. I love that I'm single and I would never marry my bf. Something I used to live for.

My bf is even scared I'm cheating without seeing me doing anything wrong but I feel different to him. I'm flattered by him feeling threatened too. I think I was so stupid wanting marriage and now I'm having so much fun living my life!

What do you think about this change? Is it real, is it good or bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 12:23 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,491,258 times
Nothing wrong with being single, loving sex and enjoying life! Good to see not everyone is sexually repressed LOL

Old 04-08-2016, 12:25 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Interesting. I never heard such thing. Hmmm.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:25 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times
You decided not to break up, but are now single? How exactly does that work?

Old 04-08-2016, 12:28 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
You decided not to break up, but are now single? How exactly does that work?
Anyone who isn't married is technically "single". It was only on C-D that I learned that one isn't "single" if one is in a relationship. I think she means that once she gave up on the hope of marriage, it was mentally liberating.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:34 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Anyone who isn't married is technically "single". It was only on C-D that I learned that one isn't "single" if one is in a relationship. I think she means that once she gave up on the hope of marriage, it was mentally liberating.
Ah, ok, I was confused by her talking about now being able to be "free and flirting" since her bf refused her marriage proposal.

Now I get it. Not married= not committed. You learn something new everyday on C-D.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:39 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
It's confusing LOL. She says she's not cheating nor would she....

Plus it sounds like she's being more open and flirty with other men IMO just to make the boyfriend jealous or possibly to rub his nose in it or add salt into the wound just to show him what's he's missing out on ( sort of thing )

Old 04-08-2016, 12:44 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,380 times
I'm thinking of a word...t*oll but if I come out and say it I'll get a few days off so I guess I'll just say good luck.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:55 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,888,250 times
Quote:
Yes, but I don't see why such liberation means she has to constantly flirt with other guys. Frankly, in my experience women who need constant attention from men have low self esteem. In this case, it may have been brought on by the marriage rejection.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:57 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Yes, but I don't see why such liberation means she has to constantly flirt with other guys. Frankly, in my experience women who need constant attention from men have low self esteem. In this case, it may have been brought on by the marriage rejection.
It could well be an ego boost for her

But I'm sure somewhere down the line she's trying to wind up her ex up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships