Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:23 PM

2,823 posts, read 4,488,840 times

Advertisements

I'm in a weird situation. There's a girl in one of my classes who sits on the opposite side of the classroom. I'd love to approach her but everyone sits in the same seat, so it'd be too strange to randomly sit next to her. It's also hard to approach her before and after class because she comes in kind of late and sits next to the door, so she basically rushes out right after. I'm thinking about just sending a FB message, something along the lines of, "Hi, I'm in your so and so class, would you like to grab some coffee sometime?" In this day and age, do you believe this is non-threatening? Or is this very creepy? We haven't said a word to each other despite making eye contact a few times, so I feel like she might recognize me. However, I'd like to hear more opinions. Has anyone been through a similar situation? "Just go up and talk to her" is easier said than done, let's be honest. Any opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 07:26 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Put forward like that, I'd not find it creepy at all.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:27 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayCB View Post
I'm in a weird situation. There's a girl in one of my classes who sits on the opposite side of the classroom. I'd love to approach her but everyone sits in the same seat, so it'd be too strange to randomly sit next to her. It's also hard to approach her before and after class because she comes in kind of late and sits next to the door, so she basically rushes out right after. I'm thinking about just sending a FB message, something along the lines of, "Hi, I'm in your so and so class, would you like to grab some coffee sometime?" In this day and age, do you believe this is non-threatening? Or is this very creepy? We haven't said a word to each other despite making eye contact a few times, so I feel like she might recognize me. However, I'd like to hear more opinions. Has anyone been through a similar situation? "Just go up and talk to her" is easier said than done, let's be honest. Any opinions?
I don't think it's creepy.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:29 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayCB View Post
I'd see it as cowardly more than anything else mate as she's not exactly a million miles away and you didn't have the guts to ask in person..... If you see what I'm getting at?

Granted I'm a bloke but I'm sure a lot of women would look at it that way?

Old 04-06-2016, 07:29 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Man up! Stay outside till she comes and say, "Hi. Would you like to go for coffee later?" You will probably shock her, but you will be on her radar. She may not say yes. Give it a little time and ask again.

What's the worst that can happen?

She says:

A. I'm in a relationship, sorry.

B. No, I'm not interested.

C. Yes, that might be nice.

I don't see all this need for sterile electronic communication. Just be yourself. Be human, and know that if in the end, it ain't gonna happen - you at least made the first steps on the path to face to face communication.

Best wishes!

Old 04-06-2016, 07:34 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
No,I wouldn't find it creepy, I'd be flattered. You really have little to lose by asking.

I agree with the others, though, if you could catch her in person and at least start a conversation, that would be nice.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:40 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I'd see it as cowardly more than anything else mate as she's not exactly a million miles away and you didn't have the guts to ask in person..... If you see what I'm getting at?

Granted I'm a bloke but I'm sure a lot of women would look at it that way?
So far, it looks like the ladies agree with you, lol.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:46 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
So far, it looks like the ladies agree with you, lol.
So far............ ( jinx LMAO! )

Old 04-06-2016, 07:57 PM

298 posts, read 276,664 times
Well she is an adult like you so it would not be creepy but a bit too quick on the approach, don't you think you should talk to her first? and introduce yourself to her? if you didn't even make eye contact with her than it can be creepy too if she never seen who you were, I think eye contact can tell a person a million things, since it's way of communicating to let someone know if they find them attractive or if they want to be approached or not, if she stares at you, when your looking at her she may be not interested in you since she isn't smiling or making and winking and expressions.

Last edited by Rockstar21; 04-06-2016 at 08:20 PM..

Old 04-06-2016, 08:16 PM

477 posts, read 314,511 times
Nope! Do it op
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships