Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 08:18 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Fear mongering? Not exactly, methinks. Quite coincidental that she just happened to buy a gun six months ago.

If it was me, I wouldn't move out before consulting with an attorney and a therapist. I would also make sure that gun was inoperable.
I'd be interested to hear from the OP why she bought the gun. Certainly he must have asked her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 08:32 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
So she goes from having a new guy in her life to wanting to rub out the OP?

Fear-mongering? Maybe a little?

OP, as has been suggested many times already, go to a lawyer and get some professional assistance with all of this.
No, not fear mongering. Guns and situations like this go together bout as well as guns and alcohol. Its not so much she is looking to "rub him out" as a premeditated plan. But, things like this have a tendency to ...escalate, rather spontaneously. Seen it happen, and there's no hurt in being cautious.

Call me silly, but when money and valuable property are on the line, people get.... passionate. If he didn't have at least a modicum of concern, why even mention the gun? Finding it and pulling the firing pin doesn't seem unreasonable, under the circumstances.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:52 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
Yes, there is much truth in what you wrote. I was quite depressed, on and off, for a year and a half. Which now that I think about it is a long time. However, we have been together for over 11 years. I kind of snapped out of it once all of this started and started noticing details I was overlooking for a long time. I definitely did take things for granted. She was not faultless either of course and she has had serious depression/anxiety/prescription abuse problems in the past 1.5 years (and longer) as well. What disappoints me the most is that it seems like this should be a time for us both to learn and grow together as a consequence, and if I just try and wait long enough this will turn out to be basically a bad fight.
Whatever troubles you had, it doesn't justify her cheating on you. She eventually told you she wanted a divorce before the affair happened, so she should have spoken up then, or at ANY point after that instead of hooking up with someone else. Trust me, it's not going to turn out to be a bad fight, she's wanted out for a long time but just didn't have the guts to say it until you confronted her. She's had a lot of time already to emotionally move on and that's what she's done.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:52 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,716 times
I feel bad for what you're going through OP. It's perfectly normal for you to have this roller coaster of emotions. As far as the guy being in your house I wouldn't have called the cops I would've told to him personally to stay out or threaten him, (that's just me though),. Your name IS on the deed to the house. Next, I would go to the best divorce attorneys in your area and have a consultation with as many as possibly can. Once they consult with you it taints them and they cannot take your wife on as a client. I would absolutely demand a higher than fair share of equity of the home and demand she pays the mortgage. You didn't mention children. If you don't have any kids, (with her), then get the f*ck outta dodge bro! Accept the marriage/relationship is over. As a poster said previously, you can't force a relationship. It's either there or its not. Staying in that house is in no way shape or form healthy for you emotionally. From one PA resident to another, the courts in our state usually lean towards the women in these things, just giving you a heads up. You may never know why your wife changed like this, but don't dwell on the "why" move on with your life, especially if you don't have kids with her and if you don't consider yourself lucky. One of my ex girlfriends, who I was with for two years all of a sudden became distant one day and three months later she moved out. Women do these things. Was it her? Was it the other guy? Who knows. Just focus on getting out and moving ahead.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Finding it and pulling the firing pin doesn't seem unreasonable, under the circumstances.
It's not easy, at all, to pull the firing pin on a handgun.

Taking the ammo would be a much more effective solution, if the OP is concerned about it.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:05 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
It's not easy, at all, to pull the firing pin on a handgun.

Taking the ammo would be a much more effective solution, if the OP is concerned about it.
She can always just buy more ammo...

Old 04-07-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
She can always just buy more ammo...
Yup, she could. But it's a more realistic possible solution than the other.

And certainly, if she was hell bent on doing him bodily harm, I'm sure she could use a kitchen knife or any one of a number of things that are found around the average home.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:14 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Get an attorney. Immediately. Talk to him or her, not us, about what to do about the house. Stop messing around worrying about cats and guns and "accidentally" not telling the police exactly why you're calling them and trying to scare the boyfriend. Let me be blunt here, you are actually making things worse. Be the one who isn't doing shady things (it will go better for you if you do) and get a lawyer now...I mean today....don't spend today checking back on CD...spend it speaking to a professional.

The truth is that no, she's not going to turn back to you. Not if you call the police a hundred times, not if you threaten to withhold a cat. Not if you aggravate her by staying in her vicinity, every single day. She's not coming back (emotionally - obviously, physically, she's still there).

And hell no she's not going to allow you to screw her on the house settlement based on a cat, I don't care if that cat is magic and lays golden eggs, I don't care if she rescued it at hours old and personally breast fed it, it's a cat. I don't care if it rescued her from a freak tsunami on its back. A house is how much of an investment? Don't know where you live. Half a million? Please be realistic.

Hang in there and good luck.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:25 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
By the way, maybe she has the gun because she's expecting the OP to be gone soon and she will be alone in the house and afraid. I mean things that make ya go hmmm.

She has a legal right to own a gun, any adult non-felon does AFAIK so let's not have that be the focus here...there's no way for any of us to actually know anyway.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:29 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Read this, if you have no basic knowldge of how assets are divided by law in PA: Equitable Distribution in a Pennsylvania Divorce | DivorceNet.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships