Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2016, 07:59 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It's getting close to the time when we get told that she's no longer "looking " at him and he can't ask her out because she was trotting out the door with some other smarter guy that didn't wait for the 'right time'
It's already too late. She's done everything short of outright throwing herself at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
Can you go further in detail ? was this is the gym? can you explain further? sounds similar to this.
No, it wasn't at the gym. People at my gym keep to themselves and ignore everyone else, unless it's their personal trainer or workout buddy. Even then, the spotter will be looking at their phone half the time instead of paying attention to their friend.

Back in December, my friend and I tried a new (to us) style of dancing, which I really enjoy. It's held the first Wednesday, second Friday and every Saturday. We went again a couple of times in January; I met Guy at the end of January on a Saturday and had a lot of fun dancing with him. Saw him again a couple of days later at the first Wednesday dance of February. Again, had fun dancing with him. We chit-chatted both times but nothing earth-shattering. Saw him again at the end of Feb, figured since he was so fun to dance with, he may be fun to get to know better in general. Since I only go dancing sporadically and didn't know when I'd be going again, I asked if he was interested in getting together. He gave me his number, we texted a bit and it quickly became evident he wasn't really interested so nothing came of it. But at least now I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 08:52 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,898,402 times
I don't see how you think she has thrown herself at me, unless the small sublties are bigger to her and I'm Not reacting enough. Interesting story by the way. I just feel awkward still about this. Yes she is less around than before but I can't pinpoint why. Also says hi less but still looks at me . I need ramp this up and soon.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:53 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
It's all true.its just that there hasn't been much face to face talking yet. If I keep talking to her it should be fine. It's better than disappearing and not talking.
What on earth do you talk about? It seems like your hesitancy and overthinking would make a conversation with you painfully awkward.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:22 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Yes of course. If you were there in person you would see what I mean. I just dont want to feel weird by asking for her number before she knows me better. I dont want to jump the guns and blow it. I want to time in right so she can be comfortable.

I honestly don't see whats wrong what I am doing here. I dont see it

The only think I can think of is getting number stating I want to continue the conversation later on. It bothers me trying to like get a date on the spot.
So on previous dates, how have you worked things?

How have you got together with previous girlfriends?

Old 04-27-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
So on previous dates, how have you worked things?

How have you got together with previous girlfriends?
Usually through people or ways in which we had regular contact. It made things allot easier.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What on earth do you talk about? It seems like your hesitancy and overthinking would make a conversation with you painfully awkward.
Perhaps I'm acting too aloof. Seems that way

Old 04-27-2016, 09:54 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
Yes she is less around than before but I can't pinpoint why. Also says hi less but still looks at me . I need ramp this up and soon.
There could be a number of reasons why her gym schedule has changed. Maybe her work schedule changed. Maybe she's really busy right now and the gym has had to take a back seat. Maybe there's a cute guy she's interested in who goes at another time. Maybe you just think she's looking at you - I thought I was making eye contact from across the gym with my BFF the other day and while he appeared to be looking straight at me, he wasn't. I'm sure people think I'm looking at them all the time when I'm really watching the clock so I know when to start my next set.

You can speculate until the cows come home but it's fruitless as only she can tell you why.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
There could be a number of reasons why her gym schedule has changed. Maybe her work schedule changed. Maybe she's really busy right now and the gym has had to take a back seat. Maybe there's a cute guy she's interested in who goes at another time. Maybe you just think she's looking at you - I thought I was making eye contact from across the gym with my BFF the other day and while he appeared to be looking straight at me, he wasn't. I'm sure people think I'm looking at them all the time when I'm really watching the clock so I know when to start my next set.

You can speculate until the cows come home but it's fruitless as only she can tell you why.
Why do you think she had thrown herself at me was it the talking bit? I'm dead positive about the looking thing it happens all the time. I pretend to not notice but when I look back it's still there. Been watching it for too long.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:13 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Again, what is the conversation about and how long does it last? How does it start? How does it end? Who ends it?

Old 04-27-2016, 11:45 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
God, this was excruciating two weeks ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships