Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 02:53 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
I dont want to deal with the gym gossip. Its the same people over and over. they all know each other
As much of an admission as we're going to get.
As mentioned many, many pages ago.....fear of rejection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 03:18 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,784 times
Quote:
Wat do you think I should have said for example?
Exactly what timberline has already suggested. If you insist on asking for her number rather than ask her out right then and there, then you could say "I'd love to take you out for coffee or drinks sometime, can I call you?"

That's what my husband did. He asked for my number and called me up the next day and asked me to dinner for the upcoming weekend. I appreciated that he gave me 2 or 3 days notice (gave me time to get a manicure) and he told me where he was taking me (so I knew what would be appropriate to wear).

No texting "a few times" first. There's no point in that, IMO.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:54 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
As much of an admission as we're going to get.
As mentioned many, many pages ago.....fear of rejection.
Then you do what people do when they can't deal with rejection, OP. You find a new gym.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:56 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,898,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Then you do what people do when they can't deal with rejection, OP. You find a new gym.
No Im not doing that I cant switch and I won't . It's not the rejection it's listening to BS. I try to keep a low profile overall

Old 05-12-2016, 07:07 AM

Maybe tonight. last night the whole place was dead.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:29 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Maybe. Probably not tho.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:31 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Maybe tonight. last night the whole place was dead.

After all this build up, it's going to be quite the anti-climax when she says, "We are just going out as friends, right?"

Old 05-12-2016, 07:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
After all this build up, it's going to be quite the anti-climax when she says, "We are just going out as friends, right?"

You know, the real problem will be the lesson learned. Instead of learning what he should have learned which is not to be so wimpy and speak decisively earlier, he'll instead take it as I acted too fast and I should have talked to her more and been more sure that she was interested. The exact wrong message to take.

So he'll be worse off next time. And the cycle will continue.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:16 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You know, the real problem will be the lesson learned. Instead of learning what he should have learned which is not to be so wimpy and speak decisively earlier, he'll instead take it as I acted too fast and I should have talked to her more and been more sure that she was interested. The exact wrong message to take.

Exactly.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

I didn't want to be decisively in the beginning. I mean we have to have some familiarity going first. It's better to have talked a few times first.

Also another reason why it drags on is that we don't always run into each other. That slows it down. She knows this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships