Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 08:32 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,897,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
After all this build up, it's going to be quite the anti-climax when she says, "We are just going out as friends, right?"

No idea. Last week I didn't go in due to work. I know she has a big event coming up in June. She tells me all about it. So she also has allot on her plate.

The next time she's alone I'll get it done. I can't tell when I will run into her next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Exactly what timberline has already suggested. If you insist on asking for her number rather than ask her out right then and there, then you could say "I'd love to take you out for coffee or drinks sometime, can I call you?"

That's what my husband did. He asked for my number and called me up the next day and asked me to dinner for the upcoming weekend. I appreciated that he gave me 2 or 3 days notice (gave me time to get a manicure) and he told me where he was taking me (so I knew what would be appropriate to wear).

No texting "a few times" first. There's no point in that, IMO.
I just hope with her insistence on talking said twice in the same conversation that the offer is still out there.

Part of this dragging on is out of my control as I can't tell when we'll see each other next.

I do think she might think why I'm taking so long I
mean she asked to talk twice and I need to follow up with that.

Last edited by Swan Dive; 05-12-2016 at 08:55 AM..

Old 05-12-2016, 08:39 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
If only you could "bump" the interactions with her the way you bump this thread.

Employ some of that persistence next time you're around her.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:50 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If only you could "bump" the interactions with her the way you bump this thread.

I'm guessing she conveniently won't be at the gym for the rest of the week.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I'm guessing she conveniently won't be at the gym for the rest of the week.
I'm not making it up when she's not there. If she's not she's not.

This is all real I'm not BSing anyone.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

I'm trying.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
Part of this dragging on is out of my control as I can't tell when we'll see each other next.
As someone already suggested, you would think that not knowing when or even if you are going to see her again would have caused you to have already stepped this up. If you were actually interested in her. Which you clearly are not.

Quote:
I do think she might think why I'm taking so long I
mean she asked to talk twice and I need to follow up with that.
You needed to follow up on that when she first said it. She probably isn't wondering what's taking you so long. She's probably moved on and outside of the gym doesn't think about you at all.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
As someone already suggested, you would think that not knowing when or even if you are going to see her again would have caused you to have already stepped this up. If you were actually interested in her. Which you clearly are not.

You needed to follow up on that when she first said it. She probably isn't wondering what's taking you so long. She's probably moved on and outside of the gym doesn't think about you at all.
Sometimes your encouraging sometimes you're not. I am interested like I said I don't run into her all the time. Our last talk was her suggesting she single . I already knew that but she's trying to nudge it along. If I don't run into her there's nothing I can do until I see her next.

I do think she changed her FB to make it look like she's not with anyone. She didn't delete photos of longtime friends for just a random reason like the day after she hints with me that she is single. She knows I have seen it and likely wonders if I look at it and may think she's taken. I rarely look at it. I don't really use social media in general.

If she didn't care at all she wouldn't have hinted at her bring single. Just last week

* We have hardly bumped into each other since then. I can't control that aspect. I can make a move if I haven't really seen her since.

I have not really seen her since last week. I would have done something but I can't until I see her again.

I have no idea if I even will go to the gym tonight. I'm so tired I look like hell .

I want to resume next week.

Last edited by Swan Dive; 05-12-2016 at 09:31 AM..

Old 05-12-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I do think she changed her FB to make it look like she's not with anyone. She didn't delete photos of longtime friends for just a random reason like the day after she hints with me that she is single. She knows I have seen it and likely wonders if I look at it and may think she's taken. I rarely look at it. I don't really use social media in general.
I'm still willing to bet her taking down the pictures has nothing at all to do with you. Maybe HE asked her to take them down for some reason.

Quote:
If she didn't care at all she wouldn't have hinted at her bring single. Just last week

* We have hardly bumped into each other since then. I can't control that aspect. I can make a move if I haven't really seen her since.
You should have made your move last week when she gave you the perfect opening to do so.

I honestly will not be surprised if she starts going to the gym at a different time to avoid running into you now that she's put herself out there and you rejected her.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:37 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
I'm still willing to bet her taking down the pictures has nothing at all to do with you.
Of course it didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships